Skipping Logic Game

osubucknut

Skipping Logic Game

Postby osubucknut » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:43 pm

At what point would you guys consider skipping the last logic game. I'm currently missing anywhere between 5-10 on pts and usually closer to -10. Would you recommend I take ten minutes per game to go for accuracy and try to answer the first question of the most difficult game?

CardozoLaw09

Re: Skipping Logic Game

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:46 pm

At no point. That section is free points. Keep drilling until you get to that point.

magickware

Postby magickware » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm

If it's feasible, just don't take the test at all. Instead, do each game individually and fully understand what is going on. Don't even bother with timing yourself.

If you know that you can't finish the games on time, then do your diagramming and quickly determine whether this is something you can do quickly or not. If it's not, then just skip it. Ideally you can do about 2 of them under 8 minutes each, and that leaves you with 18 or so minutes for the rest. Then spend that time wisely.

guano

Postby guano » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Is the goal to get into Cooley?

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Back in the day when I took the LSAT (2008), LG were extremely learnable and I would be disappointed if I missed more than 1-3 questions in a section. Unless LG have become substantially more difficult, I would encourage you to double your study efforts and do whatever it takes to master LG.

Have LG changed that much?

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:Have LG changed that much?

No.

They're still just as learnable

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Op, as others have said, skipping a game is a very bad strategy. If your not close to -0 you are leaving the easiest points available on the board.

Just keep working on it and eventually it should click. Try pithy pikes (look at the stickies at the top of the forum)

mystikal

Postby mystikal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:45 am

OP-
http://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-s ... gic-games/

This is worth 5:15 of your time...

Make sure you are getting all of the contrapositives, and drawing out addition inferences based on those.
Make sure you diagraming it properly, so you can "clearly" see what is going on.

Dont leave these "free" points on the table.

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:56 am

OP,

If you're missing that many questions it's obvious that there are certain areas of the game where your approach is wrong. There's no use it mindlessly doing questions back to back.

Start learning which inferences to make. Learn the patterns.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:16 am

also, if you do plan on doing this strategy, I hope you realize the fourth game isn't always the hardest one.

osubucknut

Postby osubucknut » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for the advice. I do realize the fourth game isn't always the most difficult, but I'm getting nervous because my scores have been so random. I only missed two on my last pt but sometimes I fail miserably and miss ten. I think I'm going to try to finish the two easiest games very quickly and take more time on the more difficult ones.

laww

Postby laww » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Dude I agree with the posters above.

LG is free points.

I really don't get why people want to give up on LG after they do badly a few times. IMO the LG section is the most "learnable" section of the test because the initial diagramming and drawing inferences basically spews the answers to most of the questions. For the local ones just draw out the new condition and refer to the initial ones and BOOM you have the answer.

I'm telling you that with practice you can finish each game in like 5 minutes.

Sometimes, the test will have a question for a LG that will take a lot of time (ie. the answer choices are all "if ___ goes first, then ___ must ... "). Skip that question FOR THE TIME BEING and do the next LG. When you finish the other questions come back to this one and finish it up.

If you can get through the easier questions quickly and correctly, you can allot more time towards the more difficult questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”