Sourrudedude

Postby Sourrudedude » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Last edited by Sourrudedude on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kdot

Re: What's different about PT60s?

Postby kdot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:21 pm

I definitely noticed this too. One trend I noticed was that the LR was a little more difficult, particularly in some of the earlier questions (7-19). My accuracy on these questions didn't suffer, but the amount of time I completed them in did. This often effected the last few questions in the sections.

Obviously, this is just my own take on it. It also seems the LG are a little less formulaic.

magickware

Postby magickware » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:35 pm

The 60s are more difficult, definitely so in terms of LG. LR seems to be more "twisty" in the 60s than the 50s, in that they challenge your understanding of conditional logic with harder questions.

In any case, consider your results in the 60s (particularly the ones in 2011 and beyond) to be most representative imo. LSAC likes to follow some sort of trend in the way they write their tests that last for years. The LG trend in the 60s appear to be 1 game that makes you go "wtf?", 1 rather easy game, and 1 linear ordering and 1 relative ordering game that look deceptively simple but require a lot of brute-forcing.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:52 pm

magickware wrote:The 60s are more difficult, definitely so in terms of LG. LR seems to be more "twisty" in the 60s than the 50s, in that they challenge your understanding of conditional logic with harder questions.

In any case, consider your results in the 60s (particularly the ones in 2011 and beyond) to be most representative imo. LSAC likes to follow some sort of trend in the way they write their tests that last for years. The LG trend in the 60s appear to be 1 game that makes you go "wtf?", 1 rather easy game, and 1 linear ordering and 1 relative ordering game that look deceptively simple but require a lot of brute-forcing.

This is very true. The new LSAT trends are the biggest reason why people normally have disappointing scores the first time taking it. Also the number of test takers has been declining and since a lot of the people not taking it now are lower-level students, the curve is normally a little tough. I think RC has actually gotten a little bit easier though and LR is less wordy than it used to be, but the fact that it uses more formal logic and tougher parallel reasoning makes it more time consuming.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”