Retake vs withdrawal

User avatar
VA21
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 am

Retake vs withdrawal

Postby VA21 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks you guys for taking the time to read my post. If there are similar ones to mine out I apologize for the repetitiveness, but I wanted to gauge some opinions on my upcoming exam.

I'm scheduled to take the LSAT on Monday, but have been consistently scoring 155 on my PTs. I have had about 2 1/2 months to prepare for this and definitely don't feel I've used my last few weeks as wisely as I could have. My UG GPA was sub 3.0 with significant upwards trending the last 3 years after a rough start. I say that to ask if you think it'd be wiser to withdraw my June exam date and register for the October one, vs just taking the June and retaking if necessary.

I've used the power score bibles and while they've helped me significantly, I haven't had the proper time to review my mistakes and really drill my weak areas. I've done roughly 8 PTs with a couple more to complete before test time.

Personally due to my low GPA I'm leaning towards retaking it. Also keep in mind ideally I'd like to score 165, no lower than 160.

Sorry for the long post but I'm stressing and would like the advice of people who have gone through the process. Any feedback is appreciated.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Retake vs withdrawal

Postby Nova » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:16 am

Definitely wait to take the LSAT until you are peaking

Esp since you are PTing in the 150s

User avatar
mehiguess
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Retake vs withdrawal

Postby mehiguess » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:32 am

VA21 wrote:Thanks you guys for taking the time to read my post. If there are similar ones to mine out I apologize for the repetitiveness, but I wanted to gauge some opinions on my upcoming exam.

I'm scheduled to take the LSAT on Monday, but have been consistently scoring 155 on my PTs. I have had about 2 1/2 months to prepare for this and definitely don't feel I've used my last few weeks as wisely as I could have. My UG GPA was sub 3.0 with significant upwards trending the last 3 years after a rough start. I say that to ask if you think it'd be wiser to withdraw my June exam date and register for the October one, vs just taking the June and retaking if necessary.

I've used the power score bibles and while they've helped me significantly, I haven't had the proper time to review my mistakes and really drill my weak areas. I've done roughly 8 PTs with a couple more to complete before test time.

Personally due to my low GPA I'm leaning towards retaking it. Also keep in mind ideally I'd like to score 165, no lower than 160.

Sorry for the long post but I'm stressing and would like the advice of people who have gone through the process. Any feedback is appreciated.


The consensus will be to wait. If you're not scoring within 5 points of where you want to be then its worth taking.

User avatar
VA21
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 am

Re: Retake vs withdrawal

Postby VA21 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:40 am

Thank you both for your input.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bearedman8, dg1090 and 12 guests