October LSAT - Biggest Challenge is Class

tanyrseay

October LSAT - Biggest Challenge is Class

Postby tanyrseay » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 pm

I still have two semesters left of my undergrad. My biggest worry about the October LSAT is the challenge of class resuming in August. I have made an extensive plan to study June - August 21, but after that, I am concerned studying will be virtually impossible other than a few practice tests every other weekend. I am going to try to get most all of my studying in before the end of the summer and reach all of my goals. I am still concerned, however. What if I am not where I need to be? What if I fall behind in my schedule? What if it still doesn't click? These are the questions I am facing right now. I am also coming out of a Kaplan course which I have mentioned in a few previous post. It helped very little so I am worried that implies a long road ahead. If nothing else, I am going to have to completely re-train myself to use a new method. (I'm using the LR and LG Bibles, along with Manhattans RC) What this post all comes down to is this:

What are some ways to be sure I take full advantage of my summer of studying, and how am I to not burn out during September with class?

tanyrseay

Re: October LSAT - Biggest Challenge is Class

Postby tanyrseay » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 pm

One other thing I forgot to add. My Kaplan Diagnostic was a 143. I got up to a 150 during the course. I still am shooting for much higher than this. With hard work and dedication, is it possible? I read success stories all the time where people have drastically increased their scores. I can't help but to be skeptical and think they were rare cases. I do not want to put a ceiling on my ability to improve, but also, I do not want to garner false hope. Let me know what you think.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:27 pm

tanyrseay wrote:One other thing I forgot to add. My Kaplan Diagnostic was a 143. I got up to a 150 during the course. I still am shooting for much higher than this. With hard work and dedication, is it possible? I read success stories all the time where people have drastically increased their scores. I can't help but to be skeptical and think they were rare cases. I do not want to put a ceiling on my ability to improve, but also, I do not want to garner false hope. Let me know what you think.

Kaplan is pretty useless from what I hear. Stick to Powerscore and Manhattan. I would consider not rushing to law school after college. Consider taking a year off to work and study for the LSAT. For now, just focus on keeping your GPA as high as possible.

LegaleZy

Postby LegaleZy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:40 pm

I second @SteelPenguin suggestion of taking a year off to study, which is actually what I'm doing now. Law school and the LSAT will be ready for you when you are. Don't rush it. If you must take the LSAT in October I would suggest making sure that your Fall course schedule is pretty light. LSAT studying is almost like taking another class. It is certainly possible to utilize the summer for studying and maximizing that. I would just suggest sticking very close to whatever schedule you have designed.

rdelaney

Postby rdelaney » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:42 pm

The Fall is my last semester of undergrad. For my schedule I'm just doing Practice Tests when school gets back in session so I am hoping that will not be as strenuous as most of the studying I'm doing up to that point. I think that working on Practice Tests in that period is completely manageable. (We will see though!)

As for what the other guys have said, if you don't feel ready, you shouldn't take in October. I was going to take the LSAT on Monday and I'm so underprepared. You'll know whether or not you are ready for the test when October comes along.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”