Blueprint Online or Self Study?

wlee1220

Blueprint Online or Self Study?

Postby wlee1220 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 am

Hey I'm in need of some advice. I self-studied twice (but nowhere near as much as I should have; no excuse, just got lazy as hell) and scored way below my PTs (I was PTing around 165, scored 151/155). For the life of me I still can't figure out wtf happened. I decided to retake in June, so my dad thought he was being nice and paid for a PR course. After a lot of arguing and fighting, I pretty much just took the course in Mar. The class helped me focus a lot more, but I didn't improve. PTs basically stayed at 165, and my highest has been 168. I just decided to wait until Oct. so I can try to break 170+.

I'm debating whether or not I should give Blueprint's online course a try or just continue to use LSAT Blog's 4 month self-study plan and work through the Bibles/PTs. Blueprint would work great because of my crazy work schedule (think biglaw hours at 1/4 the pay) but money's tight and I could use that $800+ elsewhere. Given my situation and my desparate need to break 170 just to have a chance at a lower t14, should I just go ahead and fork over the money for the class or continue to study on my own?

Clearly

Re: Blueprint Online or Self Study?

Postby Clearly » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:58 am

For what its worth, I've had a pretty detailed look at BP online, and consider it among the best. Where are you losing points? If LG is at all an issue I'd recommend Velocity, for an overall course I'd say BP.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:23 am

BP online is awesome.

Trent Teti and Matt Riley are beasts. I think Trent is seriously the best teacher for RC. Matt is really good for LG.

wlee1220

Postby wlee1220 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:44 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:For what its worth, I've had a pretty detailed look at BP online, and consider it among the best. Where are you losing points? If LG is at all an issue I'd recommend Velocity, for an overall course I'd say BP.

LR is where I'm struggling. I'm doing ~0 in LG and ~2 in RC. The bulk of my wrong answers are ,coming from strengthen/weaken questions.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:46 am

wlee1220 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:For what its worth, I've had a pretty detailed look at BP online, and consider it among the best. Where are you losing points? If LG is at all an issue I'd recommend Velocity, for an overall course I'd say BP.

LR is where I'm struggling. I'm doing ~0 in LG and ~2 in RC. The bulk of my wrong answers are ,coming from strengthen/weaken questions.

buy the MLSAT LR

thank me later

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 am

I don't have great PT's (YET!) but I must say the MLSAT LR is super in-depth.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm

wlee1220 wrote:I'm debating whether or not I should give Blueprint's online course a try

Have you checked out our sample videos for the course yet? They give you a pretty good idea of what the course will be like. And if you have any other questions about it, feel free to shoot me a PM.

wlee1220

Postby wlee1220 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 pm

bp shinners wrote:
wlee1220 wrote:I'm debating whether or not I should give Blueprint's online course a try

Have you checked out our sample videos for the course yet? They give you a pretty good idea of what the course will be like. And if you have any other questions about it, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Yep. I think I'm leaning more towards the course than just self-studying alone. I am going to send you a PM later tonight.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”