June LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Test Option

Poll ended at Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Cancel and take in October
67%
Take June and see how it goes
33%

Total votes: 9

Tot12Tator

New

June LSAT

Post by Tot12Tator » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm registered to take the LSAT on Monday. I've been in a Kaplan prep course for the last few months. I do not feel ready at all for this exam. I feel like I know what I'm supposed to do, but don't know how to do it. And, timing is still a huge issue. With the test so close, and me not being where I want to be, would it be a good idea to reschedule to October? I know taking the test and canceling the score is available, is this a good option or will it count against me? My diagnostic was a 149, and in 4 tests I've only improved a point. I have a history of doing a lot better on actual tests than I think I will, but this isn't a usual test. I am aiming for a 165, possibly cracking into the 170s if I can.

Also, I know schools say they take the highest score, but would it look bad if I scored a 150 something on this test and then increased in October?

I know that if I take in October, I won't want to use Kaplan again. What are some good programs to use for each section? Reading Comprehension is easily my worst subject, then Logic Games, then LR. Is mixing Manhattan and Powerscore a good idea?

Thanks!
Last edited by Tot12Tator on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Re: June LSAT

Post by objection_your_honor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:35 pm

There is no point in taking it. You will not suddenly score even 160+. Gear up for October — good luck!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Without any doubt, you should not take the LSAT on Monday and should withdraw your registration instead since you are not ready to achieve a good score and have not improved since you started preparing.

There are plenty of options for better ways to prepare than how you have so far. Since you mentioned PS, using the bibles is one good way to go. Who is Masterscore? never heard of that company before.

There are plenty of threads with peoples experiences and information about the prep courses and self study books from the few good prep companies, just use the search feature and you will find many relevant threads.

Tot12Tator

New

Post by Tot12Tator » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Jeffort wrote:Without any doubt, you should not take the LSAT on Monday and should withdraw your registration instead since you are not ready to achieve a good score and have not improved since you started preparing.

There are plenty of options for better ways to prepare than how you have so far. Since you mentioned PS, using the bibles is one good way to go. Who is Masterscore? never heard of that company before.

There are plenty of threads with peoples experiences and information about the prep courses and self study books from the few good prep companies, just use the search feature and you will find many relevant threads.
Thanks. I meant to put Manhattan, not Masterscore. I'm editing that now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”