Study Methods that work? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ShannonDale64

New

Study Methods that work?

Post by ShannonDale64 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:43 pm

I am taking the LSAT in October and I was wondering what would be the best method to study for test. I want to enroll in a course (if it is actually beneficial), either Powerscore or Blueprint. Do those courses actually improve a score enough to warrant spending that much money?
Thanks!

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Re: Study Methods that work?

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:23 pm

This will probably give you a good start

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=151670

peke

New

Post by peke » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:16 pm

I don't think it's so much about what course you take as it's about how you approach studying when you're on your own. I really like the Blind Review Method they advertise on 7Sage (http://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-t ... at-part-1/)

essentially, take a PT timed and put it aside. Give it a couple hours or day, then pick it up and redo the PT untimed focusing on 100% accuracy and noting any answers you change. Set it aside and after another day do it again. Then check your answers and record your scores for timed and untimed separately. Whatever you get wrong you can be assured is a fundamental flaw in your thinking. Focus on those.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 pm

ShannonDale64 wrote:I am taking the LSAT in October and I was wondering what would be the best method to study for test. I want to enroll in a course (if it is actually beneficial), either Powerscore or Blueprint. Do those courses actually improve a score enough to warrant spending that much money?
Thanks!
If you have any specific questions about Blueprint's class (including info about the instructor for your area, if you're taking a live course), shoot me a PM and I'm more than happy to answer/help out. I can also get you in touch with your instructor if you want to talk with him/her to see if the seem like the type of person who will mesh well with your learning style.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”