MLSAT vs. Powerscore Online?

LegaleZy

MLSAT vs. Powerscore Online?

Postby LegaleZy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Help! I'm trying to decide which course to take. I know the popular logic on TLS is self-study, but I've come to the conclusion I need a course and will supplement that with self-prep materials. I like both companies, and I'm not against taking both if they are equally beneficial and the materials would help. I've used both MlSAT and Powerscore books, so I'm familiar with both methods. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

P.S: Please forgive any typos as I wrote this post on cell.

Micdiddy

Re: MLSAT vs. Powerscore Online?

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:13 pm

LegaleZy wrote:Help! I'm trying to decide which course to take. I know the popular logic on TLS is self-study, but I've come to the conclusion I need a course and will supplement that with self-prep materials. I like both companies, and I'm not against taking both if they are equally beneficial and the materials would help. I've used both MlSAT and Powerscore books, so I'm familiar with both methods. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

P.S: Please forgive any typos as I wrote this post on cell.

Don't think there will be much of a difference between them. Sounds like you are already familiar with both so take whichever one you have liked better so far. I cannot see taking both to be all that beneficial, maybe marginally so, but not more so than sticking with one and applying a heavy dose of self-studying. Since I have not taken either of these courses I cannot give more directed advice, but I would surprised if one was substantially better than the other (mostly, a good course depends on your teacher and both these companies hire from the best).

LegaleZy

Postby LegaleZy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. I read more reviews on TLS and thought about what you said about the two courses not being that different. I really wanted MLSAT b/c of the 30 min. per week of one on one tutoring you get with the course. PowerScore doesn't offer that unless you take the course live, but there isn't a live course offered in my area. I decided to take the PowerScore course with 10 hours of additional tutoring and the MLSAT logic games course. That way I get the both of both worlds and can hopefully raise my score. Thanks again for your input.

kaquino

Postby kaquino » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Zy,

I took both prep courses (twice for Powerscore, once for Manhattan). I learned from both, but my score jumped +28 (yea...I seriously was struggling) after I completed the Manhattan course.

If you have a general understanding of the LSAT and it's basic concepts, I would go for Manhattan. They are much easier to get in touch with and the extra one-on-one time is great. With Powerscore, I didn't have access to my instructor's contact information, and therefore had to wait until class to address a problem, or wait for office hours. With Manhattan, I could email/chat with my instructors any time using their emails (both professional and personal accounts). The instructors are great, and I felt like my online class formed a great bond with the and the instructors. They kept us engaged and were always encouraging.

To be honest, online classes will get boring. I found myself hearing information go in one ear and out the other with Powerscore. But with Manhattan, you HAVE to pay attention- they include a computer mic in your materials so that they can call on you during to respond and discuss the problem at hand.

Also, there are extra classes once a week in addition to the ones you normally take in the course if you want extra guidance. So while they advertise X amount of instructor hours in the course, you really can get almost double of what they advertise!

You can private message me if you have any more questions- but that is from my experience, and I can say I'm much more confident going into this June exam than I ever could have been without MLSAT :)

LegaleZy

Postby LegaleZy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:44 pm

@kaquino sent you a PM :)

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 am

Feel free to pm me if you have questions about our live online courses. As the poster above said, we work hard to make them classes, not lectures.

And, we now include a free set of knives! ;)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”