Want to withdraw: how to persuade family...?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Clearly

Gold

Re: Want to withdraw: how to persuade family...??

Post by Clearly » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I cancelled my Oct admin at 11:58 the night before, Missed zones by two minutes thank god!

You need to take the test when you feel comfortable. I was pressured into taking it my first admin, and I deeply regret it. You need to explain this one thing to them. You will start law school on the exact same date if you take June, or take Oct. It has literally no bearing on anything, except giving you a chance to go to a better school. Its not like taking June means you are going to be a lawyer any faster...you're still applying in the same cycle.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 pm

lsatyolo wrote:
jas1503 wrote:Are you Asian?
That or middle eastern
This is rude. You definitely did not grow up in Manhattan if you think only these groups have helicopter over-involved parents. I know kids whose parents would have studied for the LSAT with them, checked their study schedule and even quizzed them on games- in addition to paying a fortune for individual tutors. These parents might be more understanding of canceling just because they are themselves professionals, they have tutors telling their kid is t ready or because they are so over-involved that they know how the kid is doing.

OP: do the best you can with this. Don't take this exam if you aren't ready or if your anxiety is too high. Parents get over things. They may just be really excited about the whole process. I know a few people whose parents were extremely neglectful and they wish they had parents like yours. One friend wanted to go home to study for the bar exam and her mother told her not to. Yours are just way too far the other direction.

Good luck !

jas1503

Bronze

Post by jas1503 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 pm

NYstate wrote:
lsatyolo wrote:
That or middle eastern
This is rude. You definitely did not grow up in Manhattan if you think only these groups have helicopter over-involved parents. I know kids whose parents would have studied for the LSAT with them, checked their study schedule and even quizzed them on games- in addition to paying a fortune for individual tutors. These parents might be more understanding of canceling just because they are themselves professionals, they have tutors telling their kid is t ready or because they are so over-involved that they know how the kid is doing.

OP: do the best you can with this. Don't take this exam if you aren't ready or if your anxiety is too high. Parents get over things. They may just be really excited about the whole process. I know a few people whose parents were extremely neglectful and they wish they had parents like yours. One friend wanted to go home to study for the bar exam and her mother told her not to. Yours are just way too far the other direction.

Good luck !
Nobody implied this directly or indirectly. Please don't project your stereotypes onto others.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:25 pm

"You're obviously not from Manhattan" :lol:

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 pm

NYstate wrote:
lsatyolo wrote:
That or middle eastern
This is rude. You definitely did not grow up in Manhattan if you think only these groups have helicopter over-involved parents.
They could be refering to OP's syntax

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:04 pm

francesfarmer wrote:You are an adult. Act like it.

15chocolate

New

Post by 15chocolate » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Can't reply to each post, but you guys responses encouraged me a lot... thank you so much :)

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:42 pm

15chocolate wrote:Can't reply to each post, but you guys responses encouraged me a lot... thank you so much :)
Best of luck to you

15chocolate

New

Post by 15chocolate » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:10 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
15chocolate wrote:Can't reply to each post, but you guys responses encouraged me a lot... thank you so much :)
Best of luck to you

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”