How to go about LSAT preparation?

collegeC

How to go about LSAT preparation?

Postby collegeC » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 am

It's the summer after my freshman year of college and I am with out a job and I feel as if this is an opportune time to prepare for the LSAT. What should I be doing? (4 month break, spent a month doing nothing).

Also I'm trying to shoot for a T14 law school (Harvard hopeful). I am an urm and my gpa will be a 3.53 by the start of my sophomore year. Do I still have a shot?

TheMostDangerousLG

Re: How to go about LSAT preparation?

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:55 am

collegeC wrote:It's the summer after my freshman year of college and I am with out a job and I feel as if this is an opportune time to prepare for the LSAT. What should I be doing? (4 month break, spent a month doing nothing).

Also I'm trying to shoot for a T14 law school (Harvard hopeful). I am an urm and my gpa will be a 3.53 by the start of my sophomore year. Do I still have a shot?

You just finished your freshmen year and don't have a job? You should be sleeping all day and drinking with friends all night.

If you insist on being productive, you could do a lot of things that will be more effective for getting into law school than spending a summer burning yourself out on LSAT prep before studying is even necessary. Examples: get an internship, do community service, get a job (if you haven't tried already), or take a couple easy summer classes to give your GPA a minor boost.

And yeah, you do. Especially considering that you have another three years to improve it.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:11 am

If you really want to start on the LSAT, read the power score bibles first.

But your main concern should be your GPA right now. Youll want to be as close to 4.0 as possible.

collegeC

Postby collegeC » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:28 am

Thanks for the replies. I don't have too much of a social life away from my college campus so that's why I'm even thinking about this right now lol...Already taking an online class for the summer. Wasn't prepared for college applications while I was in high school so I'm trying to be as prepared as I possibly can be by the time I take the test.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”