I feel like I'm losing my grip on LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Young Marino

Silver

I feel like I'm losing my grip on LG

Post by Young Marino » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Last few weeks I wasn't getting more than 2 or 3 wrong. Took a timed sec a few days ago, got -7. Took a pt today, got -9 :(. Wtf is wrong with me? Is it feasible to get back to that -2/3 range in a week? I plan on drilling my ass off. Any other ideas?

anubis1911

Bronze

Re: I feel like I'm losing my grip on LG

Post by anubis1911 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Don't Panic! I was in the same boat last week. I went from -0/-1 to -7 and running low on time. It is because the exam is getting close and you are freaking out. Just go over that game that you got -7 on without a timer and take your time. Work on the technique and just relax. As you start missing less and start feeling more confident, you can start timing yourself again. It took me 3 days to get back. You'll be fine.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:26 pm

anubis1911 wrote:Don't Panic! I was in the same boat last week. I went from -0/-1 to -7 and running low on time. It is because the exam is getting close and you are freaking out. Just go over that game that you got -7 on without a timer and take your time. Work on the technique and just relax. As you start missing less and start feeling more confident, you can start timing yourself again. It took me 3 days to get back. You'll be fine.
Just reviewed the section of today's pt. Could have easily made that -9 to a -3/4 had I been more engaged and not rushed. Gotta remember to slow down in order to speed up. Thanks for the advice. I'll be drilling LG heavy and take a timed section tues or weds

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:34 am

ALeal90 wrote: I plan on drilling my ass off. Any other ideas?
That might be counterproductive. It seems like you might be lacking focus because you've been studying too hard. A day off can sometimes cause that score to rebound by itself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”