Hardest LSAT sections

melmoththewanderer

Hardest LSAT sections

Postby melmoththewanderer » Thu May 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Hey y'all! I just wanted to start a thread about the hardest individual LSAT sections. Obviously, this is somewhat subjective. List your 5 hardest for each section (LG, LR, RC).

RhymesLikeDimes

Re: Hardest LSAT sections

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 pm

I'll get back to this later, but let me just say:

LG: Superprep B

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu May 30, 2013 12:56 pm

melmoththewanderer wrote:Hey y'all! I just wanted to start a thread about the hardest individual LSAT sections. Obviously, this is somewhat subjective. List your 5 hardest for each section (LG, LR, RC).

Out of recent tests, I'm going to throw out PT 68 for LG.
It was my first real test, so that probably played a part in my lower performance, but the third game really confused me for some reason. I ended up finishing it and doing okay, but I took too long on games 1 and 2, finishing each in around 8 or so minutes even though they were basic games. This left me with a strict time limit for the two more difficult games, and I ended up running out of time and having to guess on the last 5 questions of game 4. I never reviewed the test after I got my score though, and when I retook it I finished with a perfect score with some time to spare. I'm not sure if I'm much better prepared now, or if I let the pressure get to me, but I still think it was a very difficult games section.

LG SP B was pretty brutal too.
I kept misreading a rule in Game 2 "If Y" instead of "If Y is not" which resulted in a -3 in that game and a lot of wasted time, and I ran out of time on the final game.

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:22 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:I'll get back to this later, but let me just say:

superprep B is definitely on the list.

For LR: about half of the first 20 prep tests had "hard" sections per se. pretty much any section with complex inferences that you have to deduce (like the ones with a million conditionals and then they ask you which must be true or which must be true EXCEPT) and strengthen and weaken questions in the 15-23 range.

LR: Any test before 2000 would have a hard section in my book. Nowadays, it seems like if there is gonna be a hard game section, it's usually one hard game carrying the other three otherwise easy to medium games.

RC: Trick question, they're all hard! lol

monadologist

Postby monadologist » Thu May 30, 2013 4:51 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:I'll get back to this later, but let me just say:

Co-sign

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu May 30, 2013 5:25 pm

SuperPrep C LG.