tough situation, need good advice

User avatar
heywatchitbuddy
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 am

tough situation, need good advice

Postby heywatchitbuddy » Thu May 30, 2013 6:20 am

Alright, so the basic question is whether to take June or October, so here are the details.

I would prefer to test in June for the following reasons:
Could apply earlier
Would have the possibility of a retake in Oct.
Wouldn't have to worry about grades dropping at all senior year (currently 3.97 and don't want to lose that)

I shouldn't test in June because:
I've only been studying hard for about 5 weeks. I'm pretty good at LR , usually average around -4 combined for both sections maybe slightly less, but I'll still have the odd PT where I get -6 combined. RC is also good, my strongest and most consistent section, probably -2 average, give or take 1 point. LG however is the big problem, I just finished the LGB recently and am still very slow in the few games sections I've done so far. I feel like I could do well by test day, but I think it would be a big risk since I wouldn't have the consistency down, so I could blow it and miss most of a game or something.

So if I took it in June there's a chance I could score 171+ based on PT's, but I'm feeling it would be more high 160s to 170. So should I take the risk and hope I do well, and then retake in Oct. if necessary? Or should I just defer until Oct, get LG down solid and more consistent in LR (and RC I guess)? Thanks for the help guys

User avatar
mehiguess
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

Re: tough situation, need good advice

Postby mehiguess » Thu May 30, 2013 6:33 am

You know as well I do TLS will tell you not to take the test in June. It's a bad idea to take it knowing you have a retake in your back pocket. I think if you know you can be somewhere in the 170's it would be worth taking in June. If not, just wait.

bp shinners
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: tough situation, need good advice

Postby bp shinners » Thu May 30, 2013 12:35 pm

heywatchitbuddy wrote:I would prefer to test in June for the following reasons:
Could apply earlier


All other things aside, applying with an October score won't appreciably affect your chances compared to applying with a June score. You'll still get your applications in before November (assuming you get everything done by the time scores come out) which will still be considered early. And you'll still be applying with pre-senior year grades.

User avatar
Gamine
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am

Re: tough situation, need good advice

Postby Gamine » Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Not a tough situation .... take it in October

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: tough situation, need good advice

Postby 062914123 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:19 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

alphebetagamma
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: tough situation, need good advice

Postby alphebetagamma » Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 pm

take it when you're most prepared.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: tough situation, need good advice

Postby t-14orbust » Thu May 30, 2013 4:27 pm

.
Last edited by t-14orbust on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
heywatchitbuddy
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 am

Re: tough situation, need good advice

Postby heywatchitbuddy » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Alright thanks guys, I will be taking it in Oct. now. I was really wanting to get it out of the way, but it does make more sense to wait.

@bee
hope your cycle goes well




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, eastring, VMars and 6 guests