What is the credited energy drink for LSAT studying?

enigmabk

Re: What is the credited energy drink for LSAT studying?

Postby enigmabk » Fri May 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
ALeal90 wrote:
enigmabk wrote:the original 4lokos

This. Good fuckin times man.

4lokos were for proles.

Guilty

Chambo

Postby Chambo » Fri May 31, 2013 7:04 pm

As far as pure caffeine goes, I preferred the Starbucks doubleshot in my undergrad days. It's not on the menu, so you get some funny looks when you order it. The venti is five shots of espresso, milk and a flavor shot (I recommend peppermint). The espresso machines make two shots at a time so, if you're lucky, the barista will throw in the sixth shot for free. It's on the expensive side but really keeps you going.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Fri May 31, 2013 7:12 pm

rebexness wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:Kickstarts work for me. Caffeine isn't extremely high on them, but enough to keep you going.

Those are naaaaaasty, but cheap.

I drink red bull bc it's OG.

Nasty and cheap, story of my life.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:Kickstarts work for me. Caffeine isn't extremely high on them, but enough to keep you going.

Those are naaaaaasty, but cheap.

I drink red bull bc it's OG.

Nasty and cheap, story of my women.

FTFY

JK :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :roll: :lol: :D :wink:

d0rklord

Re: Credited energy drink for studying

Postby d0rklord » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:22 am

Suralin wrote:
sublime wrote:
Suralin wrote:I've only just started studying for the LSAT, but during school, I would have a routine where I took this pseudo-caffeine pill before studying for big exams (e.g., finals) and for the tests themselves. The pill was actually this supposed fat burner thing (I know, weird), but all I know is that it really helped in getting me into the zone. Even just plain caffeine pills seem to help me--for some reason, people are leery of caffeine pills even though it's basically just caffeinated soda/coffee without the sugar. No crash or jitters either.

I'm wary of energy drinks because I don't want to feel like I have to go to the bathroom halfway through the test.

I like the caffeine pill a lot. Sometimes I even will take one or two as a pre-workout. The type I have are 200mg, were like .05 a pill and don't come with all the other bullshit. I will use that or drink coffee when tired and studying, although I am concerned that because I don't drink caffeine THAT much, it could make me jittery and I don't want to risk it on a real test.

The fat burner pill I take for intense studying is actually like a cross between a plain caffeine pill and a pre-workout like Jack3d; it works really well for me. Agreed, caffeine pills are the shit. And yeah, legit concern, I would just incorporate it into a PT routine so you get used to it and get the psychological benefits of state-dependent learning as well.

Oxyelite pro?

Love it. Causes me to focus and get my skinnay on...

As for me... Combine caffeine with 1000mg of Fish Oil 2x a day... :D (my caffeine just happens to come from OEP)

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 am

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:22 am

Not really. A 1,000 mg fish oil pill actually only delivers around 300mg of omega 3s. That daily recommended amount of omega 3s is 1000mg. He may actually be shorting himself by taking 2,000mg.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:48 am

did y'all get your fish oil at costco?

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Why would you buy it at Costco when you can just extract it from a fish? Come on Dre

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 pm

d0rklord wrote:
Suralin wrote:
sublime wrote:
Suralin wrote:I've only just started studying for the LSAT, but during school, I would have a routine where I took this pseudo-caffeine pill before studying for big exams (e.g., finals) and for the tests themselves. The pill was actually this supposed fat burner thing (I know, weird), but all I know is that it really helped in getting me into the zone. Even just plain caffeine pills seem to help me--for some reason, people are leery of caffeine pills even though it's basically just caffeinated soda/coffee without the sugar. No crash or jitters either.

I'm wary of energy drinks because I don't want to feel like I have to go to the bathroom halfway through the test.

I like the caffeine pill a lot. Sometimes I even will take one or two as a pre-workout. The type I have are 200mg, were like .05 a pill and don't come with all the other bullshit. I will use that or drink coffee when tired and studying, although I am concerned that because I don't drink caffeine THAT much, it could make me jittery and I don't want to risk it on a real test.

The fat burner pill I take for intense studying is actually like a cross between a plain caffeine pill and a pre-workout like Jack3d; it works really well for me. Agreed, caffeine pills are the shit. And yeah, legit concern, I would just incorporate it into a PT routine so you get used to it and get the psychological benefits of state-dependent learning as well.

Oxyelite pro?

Love it. Causes me to focus and get my skinnay on...

As for me... Combine caffeine with 1000mg of Fish Oil 2x a day... :D (my caffeine just happens to come from OEP)

Hell yeah, it's amazing. Lol I'm impressed you guessed it.

Throttle

Postby Throttle » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:02 pm

You guys are doing it wrong. Yes jack3d will work, and so will oxylite. But so will a class of coca cola and apple. Don't kill a mosquito with a cannon ball.

Edit: don't get me wrong, when I would write papers and stay up for 2 days, I had a killer mix of jack3d 2scopes (the original mixture, not the new crap) + xtend (not the sex stuff lol). So yes I know how to use workout supps for studying but you don't need all that for the lsat

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:Why would you buy it at Costco when you can just extract it from a fish? Come on Dre

i don't gottt time for that

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Breakfast O' Champions.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:13 pm

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Oxyelite is good stuff. I lost like 25+ lbs on it. It's not good news if you mix it with moar caffeine though.

crestor

Postby crestor » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:13 pm

NOS

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:15 am

wtrcoins3 wrote:Also, Synchro Genesis is the shit for energy.

Do you, by any chance, know if there are any similar products sold in stores (e.g., at Whole Foods, fitness/nutrition chains, etc.)?

I can't even remember what it feels like to have energy, despite having tried pretty much everything under the sun. I feel exhausted all day every day. /whining

Anyway, I'm really interested in trying this, but I can't seem to find the shipping/delivery speed on their website, so I thought maybe I'd be better off just going out and buying something comparable for the time being.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”