Please delete mods

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Please delete mods

Postby mvonh001 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:51 pm

I have decided to wait.
Last edited by mvonh001 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Should I wait till October or try in June?

Postby wtrc » Wed May 29, 2013 5:03 pm

mvonh001 wrote:I have never taken it before. I diagnostic'd at 152, I currently score around 163 avg. with my highest score being 167. I want a 170 (who doesn't, right?). I want to take it in june because I have been studying for this test since February and don't know if I can handle studying 4 hours a day until October. Also, I wanted to be done test taking by June. However, I know that if I dont score in the 170's (which I 99% wont) I will retake in October, and I'm ok with that. I would actually prefer to take it in June, not do so well, then take it in October. My question to you is this, what would you do in my situation? The money is not an issue, and I would most likely start a BP class for the October test.

Edit - also, I wanted to apply as early as possible.

What it comes down to is should i take june to get test experience or not? because i know i wont be getting a 170, unless something amazing happens in the next week and a half.


I wouldn't take June if you aren't confident about it. It seems you're 99%+ resigned to studying to October, and while a retake doesn't hurt too much, it's not worth it if you are going to take October. Also, in case October doesn't go as well as planned, you want to save retakes just in case. If you are averaging 163, chances of getting 170+, as you acknowledge, are very small.

tl;dr- don't take June just for experience.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Should I wait till October or try in June?

Postby mvonh001 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:09 pm

I just have this fear that I'm not going to do as good as I hope the first time a take it, so in October I'm gonna have to result to taking it in December, thereby ruining my ED chances... But i guess i could be having this fear because I dont feel fully prepared for June.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Should I wait till October or try in June?

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:30 pm

You should be fully prepared by Oct. Don't waste a take.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Baidu [Spider], Instrumental, ltowns1 and 6 guests