What are you wearing to the LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NoWorries

New

Re: What are you wearing to the LSAT?

Post by NoWorries » Thu May 30, 2013 3:24 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
NoWorries wrote:Fortunately its too hot around here for any chicks to wear yoga pants. That shit is unfair to other test takers.
.. wut?
http://failjail.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... aning2.jpg

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Thu May 30, 2013 5:25 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
superdingle2000 wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
superdingle2000 wrote:Speaking of distracting others, I was thinking about wearing a Spider Man suit (without mask of course) when I test this October. I thought it might help me not worry about the test so much as instead I'd be thinking about how incredibly awesome I look.
I actually am legitimately curious if they would let you in the test site if you did that? I know a LSAT moderator --want me to ask her? (I realize there is a 99% chance you are kidding but I am still curious).

Haha, that would be great! And I'm actually only half-joking; I have entertained the idea when thinking about my problem with test anxiety. If I somehow knew that it would would definitely kill any anxiety (and if it's allowed) I would really wear it.
I have an official answer! The polite version is "yes" and the word for word version was "yes, we don't turn people away for being assholes" (which then spawned an argument because I am all for this)

Incidentally I also learned you can't wear hats unless the headwear is for religious purposes.

If LSAC didn't allow assholes, how would we have any lawyers? (badum-tshhh!) Haha, but seriously, thanks for asking for me! Now i have a big decision to make.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Thu May 30, 2013 5:26 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
You could be like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoa-KqIwW8s

rofl aaaaawesome!

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu May 30, 2013 5:39 am

rebexness wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Yoga pants, a t-shirt, a couple of sweaters, and a jacket. Lots and lots of layers. Want to be prepared for any temperature (..and you can smuggle contraband in sweater and jacket pockets).
You're a GIRL?
GASP! :o

Did you expect different of me in particular, or are you just shocked to find anyone on TLS is a female?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu May 30, 2013 6:12 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm

rebexness wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Yoga pants, a t-shirt, a couple of sweaters, and a jacket. Lots and lots of layers. Want to be prepared for any temperature (..and you can smuggle contraband in sweater and jacket pockets).
You're a GIRL?

Did you expect different of me in particular, or are you just shocked to find anyone on TLS is a female?
Nope, I just assume male on TLS until proven otherwise. :)

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:58 pm

As this relates to the topic at hand, here is the most recent LSAC data on Gender:

Female applicants: 27,629, down 12.6%
Male applicants: 28,104, down 14.2%
Not indicated: 31, down 22.5%

The LSAT data I posted on my blog. Shhhhh this ISN'T PUBLIC.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu May 30, 2013 2:44 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:As this relates to the topic at hand, here is the most recent LSAC data on Gender:

Female applicants: 27,629, down 12.6%
Male applicants: 28,104, down 14.2%
Not indicated: 31, down 22.5%

The LSAT data I posted on my blog. Shhhhh this ISN'T PUBLIC.
Wow, Interesting! Thanks for the update!

marls

New

Post by marls » Thu May 30, 2013 3:03 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:Damn, I feel like taking the LSAT just to participate in this thread. Of course I won't, but I will...

Three strategies:

1. Wear the most comfortable outfit you possibly can. For me in college, grad, and doctoral exams this was scrubs and a t-shirt I think.

2. Given the research on state dependent learning, wear the exact same outfit for studying that you do on game day. Also, if you drink a beer while you are studying apparently you should bring a beer into the test.

3. Wear the most absurd or distracting outfit possible and go to the largest testing facility in the nation, keeping in mind your score is computed versus all test takers for that given test. This would also likely give you some online viral fame if pictures are taken, for better or worse.
damn, I study in my boxers only

Well then...you know what to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

meegee

Bronze

Post by meegee » Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:Damn, I feel like taking the LSAT just to participate in this thread. Of course I won't, but I will...

Three strategies:

1. Wear the most comfortable outfit you possibly can. For me in college, grad, and doctoral exams this was scrubs and a t-shirt I think.

2. Given the research on state dependent learning, wear the exact same outfit for studying that you do on game day. Also, if you drink a beer while you are studying apparently you should bring a beer into the test.

3. Wear the most absurd or distracting outfit possible and go to the largest testing facility in the nation, keeping in mind your score is computed versus all test takers for that given test. This would also likely give you some online viral fame if pictures are taken, for better or worse.
+1 (boxers + basketball shorts for me. it's summer bra)

But on a serious note, this research on state dependent learning, how legit is that? Obviously, in the grand scheme of LSAT, I'm sure it doesn't mean much, but seeing how TLSers are concerned with what to wear, what is the credited energy drink, what #2 pencil to use, etc, I think there are some of us out there that would like to make "stat dependent learning" a manageable factor.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:21 pm

meegee wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

Three strategies:

+1 (boxers + basketball shorts for me. it's summer bra)

But on a serious note, this research on state dependent learning, how legit is that? Obviously, in the grand scheme of LSAT, I'm sure it doesn't mean much, but seeing how TLSers are concerned with what to wear, what is the credited energy drink, what #2 pencil to use, etc, I think there are some of us out there that would like to make "stat dependent learning" a manageable factor.
Not sure I have not seen the research in many year. When I was an undergraduate minored in psych so heard it from time to time, sadly I believe out take-away was more along the lines of "if you drink beer while studying you should drink while taking the exam" as I referenced above. I honestly think we considered this a plus. Surely there must be some research that is easy to find on and more recent on state dependent learning. Also on the Hawthorne Effect which kinda says the opposite.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

It's a correlation and nothing more. It would be illogical to allege a causal relationship to such circumstantial factors. Thus, because on test day I'm just reminding myself that the test is assessing reasoning skills, and I have been working to act and think logically, to do otherwise, act illogically, would seem counterproductive.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Daily_Double wrote:It's a correlation and nothing more. It would be illogical to allege a causal relationship to such circumstantial factors. Thus, because on test day I'm just reminding myself that the test is assessing reasoning skills, and I have been working to act and think logically, to do otherwise, act illogically, would seem counterproductive.
Wrong. They think it's because we use contextual cues when first processing information and storing it to memory; retrieval of information is facilitated by reference to contextual cues similar to those present at the time of storage.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 pm

rebexness wrote:
You're a GIRL?

Even though I've seen some of your posts indicate you are a female, it's easy to forget with that avatar. I'd imagine some people might make the opposite mistake with mine.

For me, I'll probably wear some comfortable Under Armour shorts and a t-shirt. I'll probably bring a light hoodie/jacket because the AC is probably going to be blasting. I tend to test well when I'm almost shivering though... not sure what that's about.

Mr. Lahey

New

Post by Mr. Lahey » Fri May 31, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm wearing blue jeans by Armani, a white polo shirt, an Armani sport coat, no tie, hair slicked back with Thompson mousse; if its drizzling, a pair of black waterproof lace-ups by Manolo Blahnik; three Mirado Black Warriors and two Hi-Polymer erasers in a black Epi leather attaché case ($3,200) by Louis Vuitton; and if the testing room is cold, a pair of Armani deerskin gloves. Finally, a vintage Rolex submariner with a rotating bezel (LSAT pro-tip) that cost four thousand dollars.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri May 31, 2013 2:16 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
rebexness wrote:
You're a GIRL?

Even though I've seen some of your posts indicate you are a female, it's easy to forget with that avatar. I'd imagine some people might make the opposite mistake with mine.
It's a joke from 30 Rock (Jack has hunted the most dangerous game: man..atee). No one has recognized it yet. I'm so disappointed in TLSers!

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri May 31, 2013 2:33 pm

It's a joke from 30 Rock (Jack has hunted the most dangerous game: man..atee). No one has recognized it yet. I'm so disappointed in TLSers!
I'm only on season 4. I know. So slow.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm trying to get my friend who moderates LSATs to dress in a Catwoman or She-Ra outfit while she moderates.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:43 am

MikeSpivey wrote:I'm trying to get my friend who moderates LSATs to dress in a Catwoman or She-Ra outfit while she moderates.
That would be messed up man! It would make for a fantastic lsat horror story though. Worse than when I realized my test center was next to a train station .05 seconds into section one.

Dog

Bronze

Post by Dog » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:26 am

I am going for as much comfort as possible. Probably sweats, a tagless T-shirt, and a hoody. I don't think that the physical discomfort of wearing jeans would actually detract from my performance by itself... But I just want to play it as safe as possible. That way I won't be on RC and have my mind start wandering off thinking "Man these jeans are starting to get uncomfortable, I gotta fix my junk, MAN I SHOULD HAVE JUST WORN SWEATS!!!" I have the tendency to get very frustrated over stupid things like that.

My highest PT's were 178 and 179. The first one I was in a tank and bball shorts prior to hitting the gym. The latter I was in only boxer briefs and a T in my room, haha.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:38 am

Dog wrote:I am going for as much comfort as possible. Probably sweats, a tagless T-shirt, and a hoody. I don't think that the physical discomfort of wearing jeans would actually detract from my performance by itself... But I just want to play it as safe as possible. That way I won't be on RC and have my mind start wandering off thinking "Man these jeans are starting to get uncomfortable, I gotta fix my junk, MAN I SHOULD HAVE JUST WORN SWEATS!!!" I have the tendency to get very frustrated over stupid things like that.

My highest PT's were 178 and 179. The first one I was in a tank and bball shorts prior to hitting the gym. The latter I was in only boxer briefs and a T in my room, haha.
You've gotta wear what you wore for your highest PT...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:30 am

The Cleveland Cavaliers came back from 3-1 down against the Golden State Warriors.
Last edited by Clyde Frog on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:Most likely leather bondage, possibly a rubber ball strapped into my mouth.
I don't think non-religious headwear or... facewear? is allowed.

unclepete

Bronze

Post by unclepete » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Didn't LuluLemon put out a line of see-through yoga pants on accident?

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:08 pm

unclepete wrote:Didn't LuluLemon put out a line of see-through yoga pants on accident?
Which yoga pants did you think I'd be wearing?

:wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”