What are you wearing to the LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mr. Lahey

New

What are you wearing to the LSAT?

Post by Mr. Lahey » Wed May 29, 2013 11:40 am

I would wear a t-shirt, but think about this for a sec: we could be working with our fellow LSAT-takers as lawyers one day! It's never too early to make a good impression, right? I also feel like I would perform better if I dress the part. Plus, chicks dig well dressed guys.

NanaP

Bronze

Re: What are you wearing to the LSAT?

Post by NanaP » Wed May 29, 2013 11:43 am

Dumb

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 am

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 am

Three piece suit and tie. Possibly a bowtie too for good measure.

... But actually, mind should not be on anything other than the LSAT, not girls liking you more if you are dressed well. Doesn't matter if future colleagues are in the room.

Also, half of people that take the LSAT don't end up going to law school. Of the people that go to law school, many go to a school where they likely won't become lawyers. Of the ones that become lawyers.. it's a big country.

So no, future colleagues probably aren't in the room :P.

I'll wear a comfy t-shirt and jeans, and bring a sweatshirt in case it's cold.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed May 29, 2013 12:02 pm

dressing in layers and comfortably is 100% credited. Those rooms can be anything from ice cold to 1000 degrees

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Wed May 29, 2013 12:06 pm

I wore a burnt orange burberry polo and ended up getting into UT, clearly not a coincidence.

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Wed May 29, 2013 12:11 pm

My biggest concern is keeping the boys comfy. Some chair/underwear/pants combos are just a nightmare.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Wed May 29, 2013 12:47 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:dressing in layers and comfortably is 100% credited. Those rooms can be anything from ice cold to 1000 degrees

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed May 29, 2013 12:49 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:girls liking you more if you are dressed well.
I try to distract all the females in the room in order to enhance the curve.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed May 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Footie pajamas.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 pm

dressed simple and relaxed but decent enough to project confidence. wore boss jeans and a blue club monaco button down, not quite a dress shirt tho.

Also key tip: bring mints. sucking on/chewing mints, like little circular mints you can get from walgreens, increases focus and concentration. I included them in the snacks with my bag but placed a few in my shirt pocket, one per section. it keeps your pencil moving, and apparently peppermint has some vaguely stimulant-like properties. I also brought a neurosonic and chugged half before the first 3 sections, the second half before the last two & essay.

good luck everyone

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm

jbagelboy wrote:dressed simple and relaxed but decent enough to project confidence. wore boss jeans and a blue club monaco button down, not quite a dress shirt tho.

Also key tip: bring mints. sucking on/chewing mints, like little circular mints you can get from walgreens, increases focus and concentration. I included them in the snacks with my bag but placed a few in my shirt pocket, one per section. it keeps your pencil moving, and apparently peppermint has some vaguely stimulant-like properties. I also brought a neurosonic and chugged half before the first 3 sections, the second half before the last two & essay.

good luck everyone
Can you chew/suck on mints during the test? For some reason I assumed it's against the rules, like gum.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 29, 2013 1:30 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:dressed simple and relaxed but decent enough to project confidence. wore boss jeans and a blue club monaco button down, not quite a dress shirt tho.

good luck everyone
Can you chew/suck on mints during the test? For some reason I assumed it's against the rules, like gum.
I was doing it the entire time. Wasn't chewing super loud, but I had one in my mouth. It only lasted the first 5-10 minutes of each section, but as far as the "small things" go that can help, its a solid one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bobnoxious

Bronze

Post by Bobnoxious » Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Flip flops and a thong. An old fat man just doing his part to help out the curve/equating.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed May 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Whatever is clean. Probably a polo, shorts, and loafers.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:42 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:

good luck everyone
I was doing it the entire time. Wasn't chewing super loud, but I had one in my mouth. It only lasted the first 5-10 minutes of each section, but as far as the "small things" go that can help, its a solid one.
Nicee, I also assumed it was against the rules. Thanks for the good tip!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed May 29, 2013 1:43 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:
It is against the rules.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 29, 2013 1:50 pm

rebexness wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:
It is against the rules.
Maybe different testing centers have different policies. I was taking in CA and had no problems. A friend who I told to do the same thing also did it in CA and had no problems. It might be against the rules to bring them in, but no one will stop you from sucking on a mint during the test.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Food and drink:Food and drink of any kind may not be taken out of your ziplock bag in the test room. Food and drink may be consumed only during the break.

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Wed May 29, 2013 2:06 pm

I am probably going to wear a tank top and some swimming shorts

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 29, 2013 2:07 pm

rebexness wrote:Food and drink:Food and drink of any kind may not be taken out of your ziplock bag in the test room. Food and drink may be consumed only during the break.
Well.. You wont get far in a competitive industry with that attitude :) I hardly think mints constitute food and drink.

Whatever, if you dont want to take friendly advice because you are afraid of the proctor scolding you, I couldnt care less. Didnt happen to me or anyone I know.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Damn, I feel like taking the LSAT just to participate in this thread. Of course I won't, but I will...

Three strategies:

1. Wear the most comfortable outfit you possibly can. For me in college, grad, and doctoral exams this was scrubs and a t-shirt I think.

2. Given the research on state dependent learning, wear the exact same outfit for studying that you do on game day. Also, if you drink a beer while you are studying apparently you should bring a beer into the test.

3. Wear the most absurd or distracting outfit possible and go to the largest testing facility in the nation, keeping in mind your score is computed versus all test takers for that given test. This would also likely give you some online viral fame if pictures are taken, for better or worse.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Wed May 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Speaking of distracting others, I was thinking about wearing a Spider Man suit (without mask of course) when I test this October. I thought it might help me not worry about the test so much as instead I'd be thinking about how incredibly awesome I look.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:38 pm

superdingle2000 wrote:Speaking of distracting others, I was thinking about wearing a Spider Man suit (without mask of course) when I test this October. I thought it might help me not worry about the test so much as instead I'd be thinking about how incredibly awesome I look.
I actually am legitimately curious if they would let you in the test site if you did that? I know a LSAT moderator --want me to ask her? (I realize there is a 99% chance you are kidding but I am still curious).
Last edited by ms9 on Wed May 29, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Wed May 29, 2013 2:40 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:Damn, I feel like taking the LSAT just to participate in this thread. Of course I won't, but I will...

Three strategies:

1. Wear the most comfortable outfit you possibly can. For me in college, grad, and doctoral exams this was scrubs and a t-shirt I think.

2. Given the research on state dependent learning, wear the exact same outfit for studying that you do on game day. Also, if you drink a beer while you are studying apparently you should bring a beer into the test.

3. Wear the most absurd or distracting outfit possible and go to the largest testing facility in the nation, keeping in mind your score is computed versus all test takers for that given test. This would also likely give you some online viral fame if pictures are taken, for better or worse.
damn, I study in my boxers only

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”