through the LGB, now what?

heywatchitbuddy

through the LGB, now what?

Postby heywatchitbuddy » Wed May 29, 2013 4:58 am

So I've finished the LGB, but I still don't feel very confident about diagramming the harder grouping/linear games and getting ALL the necessary inferences. So what's the next step to the goal of -0? Should I start doing PT sections, or should I be drilling specific problems? thanks

sublime

Re: through the LGB, now what?

Postby sublime » Wed May 29, 2013 5:31 am

togepi

Postby togepi » Wed May 29, 2013 8:43 am

Check out some of the free resources from Velocity and make sure you know how to diagram each of the main types. Don't rely too heavily on a specific formula, just the general idea of each.

I feel that the LGB is a little outdated. I'd suggest picking up a Blueprint or Manhattan book if you have the cash to spare.

mx23250

Postby mx23250 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:02 pm

After going through the LGB I bought the powerscore game type training book with all games from PTs 1-20. I made extra photocopies so I could go over each of them multiple times over a period of several months (I'm taking the October LSAT). Before starting I was averaging about -5 to -7 per LG section on timed PTs, and struggling to finish in time, but after going through all the games from PTs 1-20 (which took about 2-3 weeks), I've only been getting about 1-2 questions wrong per LG section and I easily finish in time, typically with a couple minutes to spare. I'm continuing to work on the games and plan on going through them again and again until I consistently get -0 in LG. So I would highly recommend getting the powerscore game type training book or something similar. They also have a book for PTs 21-40. It's a great way of applying the PS LG method in the games by getting lots and lots of practice.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 pm

heywatchitbuddy wrote:So I've finished the LGB, but I still don't feel very confident about diagramming the harder grouping/linear games and getting ALL the necessary inferences. So what's the next step to the goal of -0? Should I start doing PT sections, or should I be drilling specific problems? thanks

Other than drilling, I would also suggest Manhattan. Although I largely stuck with the Powerscore strategies, I incorporated a few of the Manhattan ones as well as some general advice and understanding from Manhattan. I think Manhattan is most effective to people that already have a basic understanding of games but are still having some issues.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”