Should I hold off until October?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
User avatar
phillywc

Gold
Posts: 3449
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Should I hold off until October?

Postby phillywc » Sat May 25, 2013 6:52 pm

I know the answer to this question is always "if you have to ask it, the answer is yes" but hey, I need someone actually saying the words.

I have a ~3.6 gpa (I have one more year of undergrad left, may be able to push it up). I'm PTing in the 173-178 range. Due to school/work/family issues, I haven't been able to really dedicate much more than 5 hours a week to studying (i have been studying since February or so). I'm pretty confident I could hit a 180 with full time studying. My LG's are now almost perfect, my LR is decent, I've just gotten rusty on RC.

I'm only really aiming for UPenn. If I'm over their 75%, is there a huge difference between a 175 and a 180? My GPA is not good enough for Y/S and H would be a reach. If I do get under a 172 in June, I will absolutely retake in October.

Thoughts?

Daily_Double

Silver
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Should I hold off until October?

Postby Daily_Double » Sat May 25, 2013 6:58 pm

You sound like you'll kill it in June. So I recommend still testing, if you score below their median, or 75%, or you're unsatisfied with your score, etc. then retake in October.

User avatar
jrsbaseball5

Bronze
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Should I hold off until October?

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:06 pm

phillywc wrote:I know the answer to this question is always "if you have to ask it, the answer is yes" but hey, I need someone actually saying the words.

I have a ~3.6 gpa (I have one more year of undergrad left, may be able to push it up). I'm PTing in the 173-178 range. Due to school/work/family issues, I haven't been able to really dedicate much more than 5 hours a week to studying (i have been studying since February or so). I'm pretty confident I could hit a 180 with full time studying. My LG's are now almost perfect, my LR is decent, I've just gotten rusty on RC.

I'm only really aiming for UPenn. If I'm over their 75%, is there a huge difference between a 175 and a 180? My GPA is not good enough for Y/S and H would be a reach. If I do get under a 172 in June, I will absolutely retake in October.

Thoughts?


Why the bolded?

User avatar
phillywc

Gold
Posts: 3449
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Should I hold off until October?

Postby phillywc » Sat May 25, 2013 8:23 pm

jrsbaseball5 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I know the answer to this question is always "if you have to ask it, the answer is yes" but hey, I need someone actually saying the words.

I have a ~3.6 gpa (I have one more year of undergrad left, may be able to push it up). I'm PTing in the 173-178 range. Due to school/work/family issues, I haven't been able to really dedicate much more than 5 hours a week to studying (i have been studying since February or so). I'm pretty confident I could hit a 180 with full time studying. My LG's are now almost perfect, my LR is decent, I've just gotten rusty on RC.

I'm only really aiming for UPenn. If I'm over their 75%, is there a huge difference between a 175 and a 180? My GPA is not good enough for Y/S and H would be a reach. If I do get under a 172 in June, I will absolutely retake in October.

Thoughts?


Why the bolded?

It isn't bolded on my screen. Not sure!

User avatar
Clearly

Gold
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Should I hold off until October?

Postby Clearly » Sat May 25, 2013 8:31 pm

phillywc wrote:
jrsbaseball5 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I know the answer to this question is always "if you have to ask it, the answer is yes" but hey, I need someone actually saying the words.

I have a ~3.6 gpa (I have one more year of undergrad left, may be able to push it up). I'm PTing in the 173-178 range. Due to school/work/family issues, I haven't been able to really dedicate much more than 5 hours a week to studying (i have been studying since February or so). I'm pretty confident I could hit a 180 with full time studying. My LG's are now almost perfect, my LR is decent, I've just gotten rusty on RC.

I'm only really aiming for UPenn. If I'm over their 75%, is there a huge difference between a 175 and a 180? My GPA is not good enough for Y/S and H would be a reach. If I do get under a 172 in June, I will absolutely retake in October.

Thoughts?


Why the bolded?

It isn't bolded on my screen. Not sure!

Lol he's not asking why it's bolder. He's asking why UPenn? I'd take June personally. As long as you're past 75th

User avatar
phillywc

Gold
Posts: 3449
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Should I hold off until October?

Postby phillywc » Sat May 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
phillywc wrote:
jrsbaseball5 wrote:
phillywc wrote:I know the answer to this question is always "if you have to ask it, the answer is yes" but hey, I need someone actually saying the words.

I have a ~3.6 gpa (I have one more year of undergrad left, may be able to push it up). I'm PTing in the 173-178 range. Due to school/work/family issues, I haven't been able to really dedicate much more than 5 hours a week to studying (i have been studying since February or so). I'm pretty confident I could hit a 180 with full time studying. My LG's are now almost perfect, my LR is decent, I've just gotten rusty on RC.

I'm only really aiming for UPenn. If I'm over their 75%, is there a huge difference between a 175 and a 180? My GPA is not good enough for Y/S and H would be a reach. If I do get under a 172 in June, I will absolutely retake in October.

Thoughts?


Why the bolded?

It isn't bolded on my screen. Not sure!

Lol he's not asking why it's bolder. He's asking why UPenn? I'd take June personally. As long as you're past 75th

Ooof! RC fail, and I've been lurking TLS not to recognize the question.

Anyways, I live in the Philly suburbs and could live at home, my COL would be very low (I'd probably just take out loans for the train pass), I want Philly Big Law. I can probably get CCN if I do very well and have a decent PS and all that jazz, but I don't think the extra cost would be worth it for Philly Big Law. If I get H, I might have to think about it, but I don't want to plan for that.

User avatar
phillywc

Gold
Posts: 3449
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Should I hold off until October?

Postby phillywc » Sun May 26, 2013 11:51 pm

bump



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests