What should I do?

rduffy5

What should I do?

Postby rduffy5 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm currently testing around 152 but my goal is to be over 160. I'm scheduled to take the June 2013 LSAT. I will be picking up the LGB tomorrow and getting PT67, 68, and 69 and taking off 2-3 weeks of work (caddie, such flexibility!) to study for the test. I feel like I am really close to breaking through and getting 10 more questions right. Do you have any advice for me? Do I have a shot of improving my score by 10 points in 2.5 weeks?

bp shinners

Re: What should I do?

Postby bp shinners » Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am

rduffy5 wrote:I'm currently testing around 152 but my goal is to be over 160. I'm scheduled to take the June 2013 LSAT. I will be picking up the LGB tomorrow and getting PT67, 68, and 69 and taking off 2-3 weeks of work (caddie, such flexibility!) to study for the test. I feel like I am really close to breaking through and getting 10 more questions right. Do you have any advice for me? Do I have a shot of improving my score by 10 points in 2.5 weeks?

10 points in 2.5 weeks is a tall order. Certainly do-able, but definitely not the norm.

Definitely learn strategies for each section, and definitely practice as much as possible. Be careful that you don't overdo it and burn yourself out by June.

And, most of all, be prepared to retake in October. Even if you hit 160, you're selling yourself short: If you improve from 152 to 160 in 2.5 weeks, you could most likely get yourself into the 170s with a proper amount of studying. That will drastically improve your acceptances and scholarship offers.

Cambridge LSAT

Postby Cambridge LSAT » Fri May 24, 2013 11:49 am

rduffy5 wrote:I will be picking up the LGB tomorrow and getting PT67, 68, and 69 and taking off 2-3 weeks of work (caddie, such flexibility!) to study for the test.

PrepTest 68 (December 2012) (LinkRemoved) is actually the most current exam. PT 69 will be derived from the June test.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri May 24, 2013 11:10 pm

rduffy5 wrote:I'm currently testing around 152 but my goal is to be over 160. I'm scheduled to take the June 2013 LSAT. I will be picking up the LGB tomorrow and getting PT67, 68, and 69 and taking off 2-3 weeks of work (caddie, such flexibility!) to study for the test. I feel like I am really close to breaking through and getting 10 more questions right. Do you have any advice for me? Do I have a shot of improving my score by 10 points in 2.5 weeks?

eeek!

While it is possible to jump to over 160 from 152 in just over two weeks, it is highly unlikely if 152 is really your current timed test conditions score/recent average score with several recent timed tests already under your belt. How many timed practice tests under simulated test day conditions have you done recently (within the last few weeks) and what were the scores? I ask that to get a better idea of how you are determining that you are currently a 152ish scorer, to see your range and rate of improvement and to know how much practice testing experience you already have. All of those things are important and effect your chances of suddenly jumping up ~10 points.

Depending on your circumstances it is possible, but the deck is stacked against you. Even assuming you can and somehow could be assured that you will score say 162, the best thing for you to do is still the same, don't take the June test, wait until the October administration.

If you are capable of gong from 152 to 162+ in two weeks, then you should also be capable of getting up into the 170s with the time between now and the October test.

Since you are just now getting and starting the LGB, you probably haven't done much preparation for the test yet and should postpone so you have time to adequately prepare.

Sorry for the bad news, you should spend all summer studying and practicing for the October LSAT.

dw3

Postby dw3 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:02 am

OP take it in October.

dw3

Postby dw3 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:36 am

dw3 wrote:OP take it in October.

And drill extra hard until then.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”