Pairing Powerscore self study with an online course?

Pairing Powerscore self study with an online course?

Postby mx23250 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:39 am

Hi all!
So I've been studying with the Powerscore books (for all 3 sections) for a couple months and I'm planning on taking the October LSAT. Although my scores have improved quite a bit, I've hit a bit of a plateau for the time being ~mid 160s. I know that I can increase this over the next 4.5 months through self-study alone (not sure how much though?), but I'm curious whether any of you have used these books and also took an online course as a compliment? Did it help significantly? Was it disruptive to your study strategy (assuming you used a different online course than Powerscore's)? I'm struggling most with RC and LR.

I appreciate hearing all comments/suggestions/experiences.

bp shinners

Re: Pairing Powerscore self study with an online course?

Postby bp shinners » Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Using different materials from different companies can be helpful and/or hurtful.

Hurtful because it can confuse you. We all use different terminology and classifications. There's variation between the methods.

Helpful because if you can understand how the same logic led to the different methods, you'll be an LSAT ninja.

So I'd recommend getting a solid grasp of the first company's materials before starting up with another company. Or, if you want the structure/materials from the online course to predominate, make the switch and then head back to the original materials after you've learned the new curriculum. Doing both simultaneously, however, has, in my experience, led to more confusion than understanding.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”