LSAT Studying Regression Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tenlaw

New

LSAT Studying Regression

Post by tenlaw » Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi all,

I have been studying for the past 4 months or so for the June LSAT with hope of scoring in the mid to high 160s and applying in the fall. Up until about a week ago I had been making significant progress and felt that I was well on my way to scoring my goal. However, recently I have hit a wall and my scores have taken a significant hit. For example, I took a practice test over the weekend and scored 7 points lower than I had been scoring previously. Does anyone have any tips for getting over that hump and pushing through to the test? I have thought about pushing my test date back to October. I'm interested to hear what people think. Thanks!

Daily_Double

Silver

Re: LSAT Studying Regression

Post by Daily_Double » Mon May 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Make LG and LR consistently -0 sections. To do this use the books, drill, and review effectively.
Last edited by Daily_Double on Mon May 20, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6lehderjets

Bronze

Post by 6lehderjets » Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 pm

This post is eerily similar to one I made a couple years ago. Basically what I learned at that time was that if you're consistently scoring in the 160s, that is where you truly are at, and the recent low score was an anomaly. However, if you have been studying balls to the wall you likely face the risk burnout. If you think that is possible, then take a day off and then take another PT. A PT after some rest should be a better guage. I know taking a day off may be daunting considering the impending test date, but you won't forget the LSAT and the rest may do you some good.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon May 20, 2013 7:29 pm

take a few days off

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”