Manhattan LG Strategy Guide Review

pwnyc127

Manhattan LG Strategy Guide Review

Postby pwnyc127 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:20 am

The Manhattan LG Strategy Guide is the new LG Bible. Seriously, for all you people who swear by the Powerscore LG Bible, a new and improved edition has been published by Manhattan LSAT. I highly reccommend this book to anyone preparing for the LSAT, especially someone who has already read the entire Powerscore LG Bible and is still not perfect with games. After finishing the Powerscore book, I was averaging -5 per games section. After finishing the Manhattan book, I'm averaging -1 or -0 per section, and I usually have a few minutes left over to go back and check my answers.

The beauty of this book lies in the fact that it basically uses the same methods as Powerscore, with some slight tweaks and enhancements. You can choose for yourself whether to stick to Powerscore methods or use Manhattan methods, however I saw vast improvements in my comprehension of games by integrating some of Manhattan's tips, especially their method of showing multiple possibilities within frames and their method of showing conditional linkage chains in In/Out
games.

Also this book features games more relevant to the type that we will be seeing on contemporary LSATs, as the games do subtly change over the years. Powerscore had better come out with a new edition of the LG Bible, otherwise Manhattan LSAT's
LG strategy guide will remain the new gold standard for LG prep.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”