Considering October

Young Marino

Considering October

Postby Young Marino » Sun May 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Ok so I'm signed up for June right now and I'm starting to really improve on my pts every week. I'm s3eing a jump of 2 to 3 points a week. I'm starting to think that with this trend, October might be my best option so I can really maximize my score. Should I just take it again in October or just pay the $80 to move my test date? I'd like to take it on June though because you never know

rdelaney

Re: Considering October

Postby rdelaney » Mon May 20, 2013 2:41 am

I'm in the same boat. I am signed up for the June test but getting super nervous because my score isn't jumping up to where it needs to be. I can incorporate more studying before the test, but I only have until Sunday to make the change. Would it be worth it to push the test back for $80? I'd much rather be in the position of taking the June LSAT, giving me an upper hand to start the other aspects of my applications.

Trajectory

Postby Trajectory » Mon May 20, 2013 8:01 am

I was signed up for June..late..so I had some test center an hour and a half away (every test center near me full). Got a little nervous because driving through the city for this is much to risky considering all of the daily traffic and accidents we have. This is my last attempt at the LSAT which made the thoughts even worse. I want a 170 and I was/have been scoring around 168-169 but 2 days ago I took PT 67 and got a 160. Panicked through LR bc I wasnt understanding a stimulus early on and it was all downhill after that. Immediately started to question June. I ended up signing up for the October one with the test center 10 miles away and I'm just going to continue working hard and try to go for 170+. For me the $80 fine was ok because this is my last shot. 5 months might be a lot, I might burn out..thats the only worry I have.

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 am

Well I know most schools now accept the highest score you have.. Maybe I should just take in June, see how I score and go from there.. If it was my last shot at the lsat, I'd probably just wait until October anyway. Just gotta hang in there guys

rdelaney

Postby rdelaney » Mon May 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Hmm, yeah I'm thinking moving my test date might be the only option. I'm not even scoring 160 right now and I don't think I'd be able to get an improvement that would change that much in the next 20 days. I'd be completely content with a 168+ I'm not shooting for the moon.

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Mon May 20, 2013 2:01 pm

rdelaney wrote:Hmm, yeah I'm thinking moving my test date might be the only option. I'm not even scoring 160 right now and I don't think I'd be able to get an improvement that would change that much in the next 20 days. I'd be completely content with a 168+ I'm not shooting for the moon.

I hear you. That's how I'm feeling. I'm scoring right around the mid 150s but I think I may have a chance to get that up to low 160s before I take the test which I would be totally fine with. I'd rather go to a decent school on scholly than a t14 with nothing

rdelaney

Postby rdelaney » Mon May 20, 2013 2:14 pm

ALeal90 wrote:
rdelaney wrote:Hmm, yeah I'm thinking moving my test date might be the only option. I'm not even scoring 160 right now and I don't think I'd be able to get an improvement that would change that much in the next 20 days. I'd be completely content with a 168+ I'm not shooting for the moon.

I hear you. That's how I'm feeling. I'm scoring right around the mid 150s but I think I may have a chance to get that up to low 160s before I take the test which I would be totally fine with. I'd rather go to a decent school on scholly than a t14 with nothing

Yeah that is where I'm at. I'm in Florida and my goal is to at least get into UF and FSU. I'm going to go ahead and take the June and if I have to the October, but I'm giving up everything and studying non-stop.

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Mon May 20, 2013 2:44 pm

rdelaney wrote:
ALeal90 wrote:

Yeah that is where I'm at. I'm in Florida and my goal is to at least get into UF and FSU. I'm going to go ahead and take the June and if I have to the October, but I'm giving up everything and studying non-stop.

Nice. Yea I'm in FL too. I'd love to go to UM but if FSU or UF offer me better I may have to jump at it. I can probably get a decent scholly at UM where I'm scoring now but tuition is still gonna be more expensive than at UF or FSU at full price. I quit my job 3 months ago when I started studying and graduated a month ago so I've been all LSAT for the past few weeks. I would hate to have to retake in October since I invested so much into June but if I have to, I will

rdelaney

Postby rdelaney » Mon May 20, 2013 3:36 pm

ALeal90 wrote:
rdelaney wrote:
ALeal90 wrote:

Nice. Yea I'm in FL too. I'd love to go to UM but if FSU or UF offer me better I may have to jump at it. I can probably get a decent scholly at UM where I'm scoring now but tuition is still gonna be more expensive than at UF or FSU at full price. I quit my job 3 months ago when I started studying and graduated a month ago so I've been all LSAT for the past few weeks. I would hate to have to retake in October since I invested so much into June but if I have to, I will

Awesome! Yeah, UM is quite expensive. I'm fine with taking out loans to pay for a public school, but have been studying off and on for the past two months and I'm on "cram" mode now.

I'm doing so well on the Logic Games, like -1/-2, but the LR and RC are killing me. I've been working on my LR bible lately to try and up my score in that section, hoping some of it will rub off into my RC. I'm sure if you study up to the test you can get the result you need!

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Mon May 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Awesome! Yeah, UM is quite expensive. I'm fine with taking out loans to pay for a public school, but have been studying off and on for the past two months and I'm on "cram" mode now.

I'm doing so well on the Logic Games, like -1/-2, but the LR and RC are killing me. I've been working on my LR bible lately to try and up my score in that section, hoping some of it will rub off into my RC. I'm sure if you study up to the test you can get the result you need![/quote]

Definitely! I'm actually doing the same on LG. Never getting more than 3 wrong but I consistently get 7 to 9 wrong on RC and LR. Definitely gotta get that cleaned up. Good luck and hopefully we won't have to take it over in Oct!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”