how to 'personalize' LR questions

atomist

how to 'personalize' LR questions

Postby atomist » Sun May 19, 2013 5:21 pm

I've realized that when I 'personalize' an argument by stepping back and going 'how would I react if this were real life' I tend to discern the credited choice more readily compared to when I'm in 'LSAT mode.' but it's hard to consistently take up the personal point of view while you're grinding through questions.

does anyone else have a similar experience personalizing LR questions? how are you able to consistently personalize them? or, if you don't, how are you able to personalize questions when it counts?

totoro

Re: how to 'personalize' LR questions

Postby totoro » Sun May 19, 2013 5:33 pm

I never did this. But reading the OP, I would highly suggest you use this strategy either as a last resort or only in specific cases - I.e. when you are down to two answer choices and the stimulus is a dialogue, etc. first, Not every question type has an argument, only stimuluses with a conclusion will have an argument. Also, if a strategy takes too much time, it's probably not worth it; Manhattan has simple strategies that work very well for most of the question types and at least, to me, seem easier to employ than trying to personalize the argument.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”