how to redo PT's for a retake

atomist

how to redo PT's for a retake

Postby atomist » Sat May 18, 2013 4:35 am

I'm retaking in june after I sat for the december test in the hopes of getting off a few wait lists. thing is, I exhausted all my PT's already, although I haven't touched any of them in over five months.

how does one go about redoing and reviewing PT's? I've taken several old ones so far and have scored much better on them. I feel that I'm less stressed this time around and am able to discern why the right answer is right and the wrong ones wrong better and more quickly. but I'm unsure as to how to assess my performance, given that I've taken these PT's already -- not just with respect to individual PT's, but my overall readiness for the june test.

anyone in a similar situation? my plan is to just concentrate on the newest 12 tests till the test date (ones which I also reviewed the least the first time around) and just abide by stricter standards -- 30 minutes per section, e.g. outside of a handful of LR questions I poured over in the fall, though, I have forgotten the answers to all of them it seems. on LG and RC I don't recall answers at all.

finally, how should I go over the test I took in december? I didn't review it after I got my score back, so my performance on it when I retake it will probably resemble that of a fresh test the closest. should I take it right now, or save it for the week before the june test, e.g.? any thoughts?

SteelPenguin

Re: how to redo PT's for a retake

Postby SteelPenguin » Sat May 18, 2013 10:52 am

atomist wrote:I'm retaking in june after I sat for the december test in the hopes of getting off a few wait lists. thing is, I exhausted all my PT's already, although I haven't touched any of them in over five months.

how does one go about redoing and reviewing PT's? I've taken several old ones so far and have scored much better on them. I feel that I'm less stressed this time around and am able to discern why the right answer is right and the wrong ones wrong better and more quickly. but I'm unsure as to how to assess my performance, given that I've taken these PT's already -- not just with respect to individual PT's, but my overall readiness for the june test.

anyone in a similar situation? my plan is to just concentrate on the newest 12 tests till the test date (ones which I also reviewed the least the first time around) and just abide by stricter standards -- 30 minutes per section, e.g. outside of a handful of LR questions I poured over in the fall, though, I have forgotten the answers to all of them it seems. on LG and RC I don't recall answers at all.

finally, how should I go over the test I took in December? I didn't review it after I got my score back, so my performance on it when I retake it will probably resemble that of a fresh test the closest. should I take it right now, or save it for the week before the june test, e.g.? any thoughts?

My first test was in December, and I started studying again in March. I've been doing the typical drilling combined with retakes, and it has been going pretty well.

I only had a few truly fresh tests after my December test, and I went through the first one last week. I'll probably do the other 2-3 in the next two weeks. It turns out that the one fresh one that I took was in the same range as my other retake scores. I would take a few PTs to get the hang of the LSAT again, but don't wait too long to take that PT. If you don't do particularly well on that take, you'll want to time drill and improve.

objection_your_honor

Re: how to redo PT's for a retake

Postby objection_your_honor » Sun May 19, 2013 1:41 am

Same story as above. I had a few tests that were 100% novel and I scored within the range of the "used" tests. Practice giving reasons for eliminations and it really doesn't matter if the material is new or old.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”