so I got one month..... but ive studied before

gaucholaw

so I got one month..... but ive studied before

Postby gaucholaw » Wed May 15, 2013 6:17 pm

I got a 167 in October, and accepted ED to an MVP.... I think I'm going to re-take in June and hope for a "hail mary"

additional info:
I was VERY well prepared... took testmasters summer of '11 and '12
but, I'm obviously rusty, just decided today that I want to retake, and oh yea, june 10th is the week I graduate

what's the best course of action for getting my mind back in shape.... I don't need to learn anything new, I just need to re-gauge the LG and of course timing/rhythm

doable?

northwood

Re: so I got one month..... but ive studied before

Postby northwood » Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 pm

gaucholaw wrote:I got a 167 in October, and accepted ED to an MVP.... I think I'm going to re-take in June and hope for a "hail mary"

additional info:
I was VERY well prepared... took testmasters summer of '11 and '12
but, I'm obviously rusty, just decided today that I want to retake, and oh yea, june 10th is the week I graduate

what's the best course of action for getting my mind back in shape.... I don't need to learn anything new, I just need to re-gauge the LG and of course timing/rhythm

doable?

check your ED contract. Can you back out of your acceptance, not matriculate this year and then reapply to other schools next year?

gaucholaw

Postby gaucholaw » Wed May 15, 2013 6:31 pm

nah, with ED at my school they don't want you backing out, plus even if it did, and the October didn't work out, then I would lose a year of opportunity costs,

gaucholaw

Postby gaucholaw » Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm

I should add that I'm also quite happy with the school and $$ that I got, I just wanna try and shoot for the stars

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Just make sure you check your ED contract. School might see you're retaking the LSAT and may ask to know why, given your ED.

Not sure how much time there is for June, you'd have about 3 1/2 weeks, which is doable from a 167 retake. What's your original GPA? If you're below a 3.6 retake might not be worth it, MVP with $$ is pretty solid in that instance. If you're 3.8+ it might be worth it, but for $$ at CCN you would need a significant jump from a 167 no matter your GPA.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:18 pm

definitely doable, but start studying ASAP, like now.

Skill Game

Postby Skill Game » Thu May 16, 2013 10:12 am

So are you saying you haven't accepted their admissions offer yet?
As far as studying, just take full length (4-section to begin with, but make sure you end up doing a few 5-sections) timed PTs almost every day. Then supplement that with extra LGs. You need to be able to count on that section as a guaranteed -0.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu May 16, 2013 7:07 pm

do 5 section prep tests.. you will have to do 5 on LSAT day

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”