Time constraint tips?

Firewater

Time constraint tips?

Postby Firewater » Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 am

Hi, I have done about three PTs as of yet and I cannot get through all of the questions. Under time constraints I usually only get through about 7-8 of the Logic Games, and 14 to 16 of the other sections. I am averaging a 140 right now, so I believe that if I can get through each section completely, my score will be a lot higher. Please provide advice and strategies on how to speed up on my sections. Thanks!

loomstate

Re: Time constraint tips?

Postby loomstate » Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 am

you need to score higher (ie focus on accuracy) before worrying about time. i would also spend some time looking around in the LSAT Prep board on this site before creating too many more threads - there is a lot of info here.

Firewater

Postby Firewater » Wed May 15, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks loomstate... Do you think it's possible/realistic to increase my score considerably by June 10? I have unlimited time between now and then, i.e. don't have to work or go to school.

johnreagan

Postby johnreagan » Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am

Definitely wait until October. You won't maximize your potential by June and substantially improving your lsat performance could change your life. Study hard until october.

Firewater

Postby Firewater » Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks johnreagan I think you are right, the only issue is that come July I will have to work full time, and I will lose sight of my studying. Any suggestions on getting faster?

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Wed May 15, 2013 11:45 am

Lots of people work and study. You can get the fundamentals down before you even start your job.

Get the Manhattan LG and LR Guides and go through both of them. Practice drilling questions and games by type, untimed. You will naturally speed up as you learn how to approach the questions more efficiently.

mehiguess

Postby mehiguess » Wed May 15, 2013 11:48 am

Firewater wrote:Thanks loomstate... Do you think it's possible/realistic to increase my score considerably by June 10? I have unlimited time between now and then, i.e. don't have to work or go to school.

You should not take this test until December. Seriously.

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Wed May 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Firewater wrote:Thanks loomstate... Do you think it's possible/realistic to increase my score considerably by June 10? I have unlimited time between now and then, i.e. don't have to work or go to school.

of course you could increase your score but it would probably still be <160 by june. prep for October and if you're not ready, December.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”