Am I doomed?

Beercules

Am I doomed?

Postby Beercules » Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

I'm taking the June exam. Currently PTing between 172-175. I've taken about 15-20 practice exams. Unfortunately, I have a vacation currently scheduled with some friends in LA for Memorial day - departing next Thursday and returning on Sunday. A lot of drinking/mind altering substances will be consumed. In hindsight, not so sure it was a great idea to agree to go so close to the exam. Did I make a huge mistake? Should I go out of my way to glance at some material while I'm there for a few hours? What say you, TLSers?

qwertyboard

Re: Am I doomed?

Postby qwertyboard » Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 am

Don't go or control yourself and don't do any drugs and have a good time-relax.

I didn't drink for 3 full months prior to the LSAT. Not because I think it has a long term effect but because I cant think straight for a couple of days after a hangover (it wouldn't allowed me to study well). It's a sacrifice worth making. Don't throw away months of your life because you wanted to fit in during one night.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am

Just don't go to the vacation. It is not worth it.

lawschoolplease1

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 am

i totally disagree. for me, a month of nonstop = burnout.
i def need time to blow some steam with friends.
the only reason I couldn't take the test last feb was I was so burnt out from thinking solely about the test that I just dropped the ball 2 weeks prior to it. I got so sick of it, and knew i couldn't perform well.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Tue May 14, 2013 10:54 am

dude go on the vacation.. booze it up.. skip the drugs just for your own benefit whether thinking about the LSAT or not.. study til you go and study when you get back

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue May 14, 2013 11:39 am

Yea, go on the vacation, keep yourself under control. You can drink without drinking to excess, and you can skip the drugs even if your friends are doing them. I think I saw that in an after school special or something...

"The LSAT is my anti-drug."

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue May 14, 2013 11:41 am

Beercules wrote:I'm taking the June exam. Currently PTing between 172-175. I've taken about 15-20 practice exams. Unfortunately, I have a vacation currently scheduled with some friends in LA for Memorial day - departing next Thursday and returning on Sunday. A lot of drinking/mind altering substances will be consumed. In hindsight, not so sure it was a great idea to agree to go so close to the exam. Did I make a huge mistake? Should I go out of my way to glance at some material while I'm there for a few hours? What say you, TLSers?

I don't think the drinking is a big deal this far away from the test, especially if you've got the foundations down. I definitely would stay away from the drugs though. If you can't do that, then don't go. I'm not even against people doing drugs (although I don't do them myself), but I can imagine it hurting your progress in some scenarios. I don't see any benefit to doing them.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue May 14, 2013 12:45 pm

I was PTing where I wanted to be. I went on vacation for a week to Europe, didn't study at all, and then to make up for it, drilled so much. Next PT I was down 5 points.

I don't think it's because of the vacation, I think it's because I burnt out. I took a break from studying, started working out more, and then was back to where I was (got my first 180 after taking a nice 2 day break).

Don't stress. Go on vacation. Don't do drugs. Have fun.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Please go in vacation, you'll be fine. I agree that you shouldn't get wasted every night or do mind altering drugs, but have fun. I would also bring study material and take an hour or two each day to sit at a coffee shop and still study, I'm sure your friends will understand.

marls

Postby marls » Sat May 18, 2013 1:56 am

Definitely go, drink, dance, and have fun. I would skip the drugs though.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat May 18, 2013 2:03 am

Just control yourself and unwind

monadologist

Postby monadologist » Sat May 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:Just don't go to the vacation. It is not worth it.

Dre, I don't like your attitude

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”