Logic Games WWYD

okaygo

Logic Games WWYD

Postby okaygo » Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm

If you only had one week to drill logic games to perfection, how would you do it? I just recently purchased one of the Cambridge bundles and plan to make the three copies of each game as everyone suggests, but I'm overwhelmed in trying to figure out how many different game types I should learn in one day, and how I should go about reviewing them. Also, how long do I wait between doing the games to rework them?

wtrc

Re: Logic Games WWYD

Postby wtrc » Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm

okaygo wrote:If you only had one week to drill logic games to perfection, how would you do it? I just recently purchased one of the Cambridge bundles and plan to make the three copies of each game as everyone suggests, but I'm overwhelmed in trying to figure out how many different game types I should learn in one day, and how I should go about reviewing them. Also, how long do I wait between doing the games to rework them?

Have you gone through the LGB yet? Do you have strengths and weaknesses? And why do you only have a week?

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 pm

If I only had a week to learn logic games I would not take the LSAT.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun May 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Micdiddy wrote:If I only had a week to learn logic games I would not take the LSAT.

This is definitely TCR...lol

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sun May 12, 2013 10:11 pm

I own LGB went through it and a lot of the methods didn't click for me. I prefer the Manhattan LG method. My weaknesses are in and out games and grouping games. By one week I'm referring to a week in which I have nothing to do but study for my LSAT, before working full time again until June.

I never said I expected to learn LG in a week, as I currently can complete a section with -5/-6 but I wanted to know a helpful strategy to use to best steer me in the right direction towards knocking some points off.

Skill Game

Postby Skill Game » Mon May 13, 2013 8:16 am

I wouldn't redo a game until you're done with all the others. I would do all 80, and only then redo them.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 am

okaygo wrote:I own LGB went through it and a lot of the methods didn't click for me. I prefer the Manhattan LG method. My weaknesses are in and out games and grouping games. By one week I'm referring to a week in which I have nothing to do but study for my LSAT, before working full time again until June.

I never said I expected to learn LG in a week, as I currently can complete a section with -5/-6 but I wanted to know a helpful strategy to use to best steer me in the right direction towards knocking some points off.

Search Pithypikes guide for LG if you haven't already seen it. Even if you start working full time, you can prolly just spread his guide out to fit your time schedule.

Don't really understand what you mean to best steer you in the right direction of knocking some points off...the only real helpful strategy is to practice drilling everyday until it clicks. If you're having trouble with a certain type, take those games and do them untimed so you fully understand them. Only after you understand stuff should you try and time yourself with games. Look for inferences or any sort of patterns as you keep doing those games and eventually it should hopefully start to click. You'll see that even if the games have different rules and parameters, for the most part they are the same. Once you realize this, the games should be cake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”