D
24%
E
6%

Total votes: 17

itachiuchiha

I made my own Flaw question, check it out

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun May 12, 2013 12:09 pm

A TLSer with a 3.9 GPA and 160 LSAT posted on TLS asking for advice on law school admissions to a top 50 school. The response he received was to retake the LSAT or don't go to law school.

The argument of the TLS responder's reasoning is most vulnerable to criticism on which one of the following grounds?

(A) The argument fails to recognize that the student may receive admission to a top 50 school.
(B) The argument fails to consider that the student is a bad test taker and will not score above a 160, regardless of how much they study.
(C) The argument cites irrelevant evidence.
(D) The argument assumes what it sets out to prove.
(E) The argument concludes that a claim about a causal connection is false on the basis of a lack of evidence for the claim.

Don't bash me because this is a shitty question, I'm only human. The intent is to poke fun of the assumption of many TLSers.

Bildungsroman

Re: I made my own Flaw question, check it out

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun May 12, 2013 12:29 pm

(F) The advice is not flawed.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun May 12, 2013 12:37 pm

this is crap

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun May 12, 2013 12:39 pm

You're an idiot.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:47 pm

retake

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun May 12, 2013 7:10 pm

hahahhahahahahaha, somehow I knew that these would be the type of responses that i would get LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Sun May 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I don't see how any of these answers are right from YOUR perspective. C comes the closest, but the stimulus didn't mention responders providing evidence, so that can't be the flaw.

Eta: actually "don't go to law school" is pretty relevant no matter which way you swing it. B can't be right because "don't go to law school" is considering the test taker can't score above 160. D can't be right because no one "assumes op should retake or don't go" in order to conclude "op should retake or don't go."
Oh I get it, you wrote a flawed question, not a flaw question.
Last edited by Micdiddy on Sun May 12, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:hahahhahahahahaha, somehow I knew that these would be the type of responses that i would get LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You are brilliant

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Oh I get it, you wrote a flawed question, not a flaw question.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm

dr123 wrote:retake

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun May 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Micdiddy wrote:I don't see how any of these answers are right from YOUR perspective. C comes the closest, but the stimulus didn't mention responders providing evidence, so that can't be the flaw.

Eta: actually "don't go to law school" is pretty relevant no matter which way you swing it. B can't be right because "don't go to law school" is considering the test taker can't score above 160. D can't be right because no one "assumes op should retake or don't go" in order to conclude "op should retake or don't go."

indeed i did! indeed i did. the question wasn't meant to be answered really. just to troll some tlsers

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:I don't see how any of these answers are right from YOUR perspective. C comes the closest, but the stimulus didn't mention responders providing evidence, so that can't be the flaw.

indeed i did! indeed i did. the question wasn't meant to be answered really. just to troll some tlsers

You trolled us with a bad joke criticizing good advice? Congrats bro.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
dr123 wrote:retake

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:

You "trolled" TLSers by taking the time to write out a stimulus, question, and 5 responses... on TLS. WTF mate.

The advice you've gotten is good. People on TLS didn't have some secret meeting where they decided to team up against you and give you bad advice. If you go to a school with a 4.0/160, you will either get into a once decent school, but today that has marginal job prospects to pay off the debt (T 30- 50 or so, but the closer to T30 the less chance of any $ at all), or a school on a nice scholarship (T-100 level) with AWFUL job prospects.

You're one of the top few percent in GPA. You probably worked pretty hard for that GPA--- as anyone with a 4.0 has. It's not worth settling- you can do better on the LSAT.

And don't troll TLS. If you are looking for advice, don't come into it with a preconceived notion of what that advice should be. That's not how advice works dude.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Enjoy American

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 pm

And don't troll TLS. If you are looking for advice, don't come into it with a preconceived notion of what that advice should be. That's not how advice works dude.

This is the best thing I've ever read.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun May 12, 2013 10:45 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

You "trolled" TLSers by taking the time to write out a stimulus, question, and 5 responses... on TLS. WTF mate.

The advice you've gotten is good. People on TLS didn't have some secret meeting where they decided to team up against you and give you bad advice. If you go to a school with a 4.0/160, you will either get into a once decent school, but today that has marginal job prospects to pay off the debt (T 30- 50 or so, but the closer to T30 the less chance of any $ at all), or a school on a nice scholarship (T-100 level) with AWFUL job prospects.

You're one of the top few percent in GPA. You probably worked pretty hard for that GPA--- as anyone with a 4.0 has. It's not worth settling- you can do better on the LSAT.

Bad assumption. You thought I was talking about myself? I never took the LSAT

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun May 12, 2013 10:49 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

Bad assumption. You thought I was talking about myself? I never took the LSAT

Yeah, never would have guessed. :lol:

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 am

There's no argument there. Just background info and a conclusion. We need at least one premise to spot a flaw.

monadologist

Postby monadologist » Mon May 13, 2013 1:36 pm

There's no flaw in the stimulus, and all the responses are flawed. Reading this question probably knocked 5 points off of my LR now, haha.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”