LSAT prep not related to studying

WaltGrace83

LSAT prep not related to studying

Postby WaltGrace83 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:09 pm

I am beginning my LSAT prep next month after my classes are all finished and, while I of course am going for that 180, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for LSAT prep that isn't related to studying per se.

I have already signed up for a Manhattan class (I know, i know, waste of money - I know I will learn better with the teaching resource rather than self-study), bought the Powerscore LR and LG Bibles, and bought the Cambridge LSAT books for each question organized by type. However, I know that there is a part of the LSAT that is not completely related to study if you are going for that top score. What have you guys done to help you study?

I plan on working out everyday, eating right at all times (cutting out sugar, excess fat, etc.), getting more sleep, cutting out TV altogether, and reading more.

Micdiddy

Re: LSAT prep not related to studying

Postby Micdiddy » Sat May 11, 2013 8:21 pm

I don't think there's a secret trick besides studying. There's "revelations" that help (like pattern recognition and only one right answer) but those are tied to studying.
Sounds like you will stay healthy and stay focused and that's about all there is to it. Study study study and make sure EVERY question you have is answered. A class is not necessarily a waste of money, but use your money wisely. Participate in class, ask every question you have, and understand class is not a substitute for aggressive self-studying.
Good luck!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:I plan on working out everyday, eating right at all times (cutting out sugar, excess fat, etc.), getting more sleep, cutting out TV altogether, and reading more.

That's pretty much my advice, sans cutting out TV. You need to give your brain some time off, and stupid TV shows are a great way to do it. I wouldn't have made it through LSAT studying without King of the Hill.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Mon May 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Start looking at real life situations as LSAT problems. This is ridiculously easy in terms of LR, and quite easy in terms of LG. For example, if there are eight seats in your den, two two-seat sofa, one three-seat sofa, and one recliner, and twelve people who come want to sit down on Sundays at eight to watch Jon Snow be a badass, then you have your own in-out grouping game. I could actually make the game I suppose, but you get the point. The possibilities are endless. But keep these thoughts to yourself, because your friends probably don't want to hear about your unique ability to logically pick apart everything they do or say.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”