whens your last PT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolplease1

Bronze

whens your last PT?

Post by lawschoolplease1 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 pm

when are you planning to take your last PT?
I dont want to freak out before the test, so i'll probably take mine a week before the test.
thoughts?

itachiuchiha

Silver

Re: whens your last PT?

Post by itachiuchiha » Fri May 10, 2013 3:19 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:when are you planning to take your last PT?
I dont want to freak out before the test, so i'll probably take mine a week before the test.
thoughts?

5 days before the exam

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Two days prior

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri May 10, 2013 3:31 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:when are you planning to take your last PT?
thoughts?
Last PT Friday, heavy review of it Saturday. Light studying Sunday and you should be good.

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Fri May 10, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm not PTing the week before. Just review, maybe some old games and sections, perhaps some passages and such, but no 5-section PTs. However my reviews are pretty thorough. And nothing the day before except a few beers at night, hopefully I sleep by 9:00 PM. The morning of the test is much more important than the preceding week. So I plan to wake up early, lift, do some circuits, then eat a solid breakfast, probably oatmeal and toast, and then remind myself that this is just another PT, and I'm ready. So mentally my game plan the day of is just to reinforce that I've done the work, I'm prepared, now it's time to show off.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jcccc

Bronze

Post by jcccc » Sat May 11, 2013 2:40 am

last Saturday before. Then just light reviewing on Sunday. Hopefully my last 5 PT's are somewhere in the 175-180 range.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat May 11, 2013 2:47 am

Daily_Double wrote:I'm not PTing the week before. Just review, maybe some old games and sections, perhaps some passages and such, but no 5-section PTs. However my reviews are pretty thorough. And nothing the day before except a few beers at night, hopefully I sleep by 9:00 PM. The morning of the test is much more important than the preceding week. So I plan to wake up early, lift, do some circuits, then eat a solid breakfast, probably oatmeal and toast, and then remind myself that this is just another PT, and I'm ready. So mentally my game plan the day of is just to reinforce that I've done the work, I'm prepared, now it's time to show off.
Bolded is SO important. Don't get yourself worked up, and whatever you do don't change strategies...Don't reread answer choices you wouldn't normally reread, don't test hypos you wouldn't usually test in LG etc. It all boils down to what you said, just another PT. This was a major difference between my first and final administration and its huge.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”