too late for june? oct+dec safer?

radaroreilly

too late for june? oct+dec safer?

Postby radaroreilly » Tue May 07, 2013 12:01 pm

question is: I started studying one week ago, and with a "cold" first test score of 155, is it a good idea to shoot for the June test? Goal is to apply for Fall '14 class. I am already registered but can always bump it to Oct. -- my general threshold is, if I don't like my PT score & progress made on May 18, I'll be able to change test dates before deadline.

some info:
- I should be able to put in 250-275 hours of study between last week and June 10 test day.
- However, Logic Games alone drag my score down tremendously. I intend to study/drill LG exclusively for the next two weeks.

Additional questions...
If I choose to shoot for June, I will have burned through ~28 past LSATs either in PT's or drills. Given that, how would I be able to effectively PT again before October? It seems like any PT score using a test I've been exposed to is inherently non-representative.

Do the benefits of a lower initial score but getting an application in Sept. 1 outweigh a better score application sent in on/around Nov 1 (after Oct. scores released)? If I score in an acceptable range in June, I can apply immediately in Sept. However, I know for certain this would not equate to my best possible score in Oct.
Last edited by radaroreilly on Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

objection_your_honor

Re: too late for june? oct+dec safer?

Postby objection_your_honor » Tue May 07, 2013 12:22 pm

A higher score sent later is better except for maybe February.

Shoot for October. You will 100% not be able to max out your score in a month.

jrsbaseball5

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:54 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:A higher score sent later is better except for maybe February.

Shoot for October. You will 100% not be able to max out your score in a month.

I agree with this as well. You can be at peak performance by October and kill it then.

radaroreilly

Postby radaroreilly » Tue May 07, 2013 5:31 pm

anyone have thoughts on the following? seems like something that has been dealt with by others...

radaroreilly wrote:If I choose to shoot for June, I will have burned through ~28 past LSATs either in PT's or drills. Given that, how would I be able to effectively PT again before October? It seems like any PT score using a test I've been exposed to is inherently non-representative.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Tue May 07, 2013 5:51 pm

radaroreilly wrote:anyone have thoughts on the following? seems like something that has been dealt with by others...

radaroreilly wrote:If I choose to shoot for June, I will have burned through ~28 past LSATs either in PT's or drills. Given that, how would I be able to effectively PT again before October? It seems like any PT score using a test I've been exposed to is inherently non-representative.

yea the way you should deal with it is by relaxing your PT schedule and not sitting in June.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Tue May 07, 2013 8:51 pm

But since it seems hardly any schools average scores, I'd say one should try for June if they are within a couple points of their desired score, whether maxing out or not. If you don't get said score, then you re-take in October. At least, that's my mindset right now. Since if I get the desired score, then I don't have to study all summer for the test again. That said, I'm assuming OP can get there.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”