I'm simply scared

alexrodriguez

I'm simply scared

Postby alexrodriguez » Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 am

I'm on page 300 or so in the Powerscore Logic Games bible. I have yet to take a timed practice test. I'll occasionally time myself while doing 1 game at a time, but that's it. The other day I did one in 9 minutes and had -0. I felt like a god. It was literally the first thing I did when I woke up. I went straight to my desk and opened up my bible. I celebrated by not studying until later that evening.

I took an untimed test before any prep at all and scored a 148.

Should I take a full practice test after I finish the book considering I still haven't studied the LR and RC sections?

Or should I just time myself for four sections at 35 minutes?

alexrodriguez

Re: I'm simply scared

Postby alexrodriguez » Mon May 06, 2013 5:29 am

I have the Manhattan books in the mail too.

See if this makes sense.

I'll take one practice test after I finish all the powerscore books.

Then I'll go through all the powerscore workbooks and take another practice test.

Then I'll study the Manhattan books and once I finish those (which is probably 2-3 months down the road) take another practice test.

So basically after each set of books I finish a practice test ensues.

justonemoregame

Re: I'm simply scared

Postby justonemoregame » Mon May 06, 2013 6:38 am

I wouldn't take full timed tests for like a month. There's no point in trying to see how quick you are at something you haven't learned, it will only frustrate you. I'd spend a ton of time breaking down LR word by word - stim and answer choices. After studying each question type in detail, take a 35-minute section and review. Rinse and repeat dozens of times. For RC, I thought the manhattan guide was good, but I would try out a few different strategies to see what works best for you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”