June or October LSAT

When should I take the LSAT?

June
0
No votes
October
5
100%
 
Total votes: 5

Joeshan520
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:05 pm

June or October LSAT

Postby Joeshan520 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:11 am

Hello,

I was planning on taking the LSAT in June, but about three weeks ago we hit a major crisis in a case I'm working on at a firm and now I've been pulling 15-16 hour days the last couple weeks straight. I don't have any assurance on what my scoring would be like, as I'm taking an online course and was only able to complete two of the designated practice tests before this three week hiatus. The big push I've gotten from family and friends is to "take in June and see what happens" with knowing that October is always a possibility. However, I'm starting to think it may be wise to space out the studying more and take it in October when I feel more prepared. Thoughts?

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby Mal Reynolds » Mon May 06, 2013 1:13 am

Just take it in October. If you can't score your goal on two to three practice tests before June 1st, then there's no point.

User avatar
jrsbaseball5
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 am

Joeshan520 wrote:Hello,

I was planning on taking the LSAT in June, but about three weeks ago we hit a major crisis in a case I'm working on at a firm and now I've been pulling 15-16 hour days the last couple weeks straight. I don't have any assurance on what my scoring would be like, as I'm taking an online course and was only able to complete two of the designated practice tests before this three week hiatus. The big push I've gotten from family and friends is to "take in June and see what happens" with knowing that October is always a possibility. However, I'm starting to think it may be wise to space out the studying more and take it in October when I feel more prepared. Thoughts?


What are you PTing at now? Have you felt like you have reached your absolute potential? How much studying have you done?

If you aren't completely satisfied with all, October.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby Jeffort » Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 am

If you aren't consistently able to score around your goal score in the week before the June test, do not take it and postpone until October.

Whether to postpone to October before the deadline to change test dates for a fee rather than lose the reg fee by deciding later depends a lot on how much time you have to study from now until the test and how you are able to perform on practice tests once you take more. If you are still going to be flooded at work and not able to put in a lot of solid study and practice time for the next four weeks, you will not perform as well as you otherwise could and should decide now to postpone.

User avatar
tuffyjohnson
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby tuffyjohnson » Mon May 06, 2013 10:17 am

What school are you trying to get into? If it's not HYS a repeat is not going to hurt you.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon May 06, 2013 10:29 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:What school are you trying to get into? If it's not HYS a repeat is not going to hurt you.


No need to waste a test though if you're not going to score near your target score.

User avatar
tuffyjohnson
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby tuffyjohnson » Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
tuffyjohnson wrote:What school are you trying to get into? If it's not HYS a repeat is not going to hurt you.


No need to waste a test though if you're not going to score near your target score.


It just really depends on how close OP is to the target.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 pm

OCTOBER

Joeshan520
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby Joeshan520 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:38 am

Like I said, haven't really PTed much. Was going through an online course and only took the second exam thus far, not much better than my diagnostic.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: June or October LSAT

Postby Clearly » Tue May 07, 2013 1:40 am

Like i always say: When in doubt, October.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CHyde, earldasquirel, jackstraw92 and 8 guests