Feeling like I'm losing my grip on recent LGs Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
the_pakalypse

Bronze

Feeling like I'm losing my grip on recent LGs

Post by the_pakalypse » Fri May 03, 2013 1:01 pm

LG has always troubled me. I've drilled the hell out of it, done the pithypike method and I'm pretty much repeating every game 3 times before game day. That said, I find that with the newer PTs (50+), I just don't get such a solid grip on some games. Maybe it's the fact they aren't so inference heavy (in both setup deductions as well deductions from conditional stems) but I'm losing the elegance of LGs and getting kind of messy. I'm still finishing most sections with quite a bit of time, but there is the occasional section where I'll end up scrambling, particularly if I encounter one of those not-so-elegant games. I'm also finding that I'm not spending time on questions where there actually are potential inferences, just because I'm worried it's one of those games with nothing to offer and that I'll waste my time.

Any tips? Am I paranoid (probably, I had to cancel my first LSAT (65) because I couldn't figure out 4th game TV shows LG :lol: )

Micdiddy

Gold

Re: Feeling like I'm losing my grip on recent LGs

Post by Micdiddy » Sun May 05, 2013 3:41 am

First of all, figure out which comes usually come with deductions and which don't. When you're talking about games here with "nothing to offer," I'm wracking my brain about what you mean. Sure, in-out games and pure sequencing games can be done easily with minimal set-ups, but just about every other game has SOMETHING to offer. Whether it is deductions for new rules, variable placement or even just thinking about what rule has the biggest role, there's always something to do before you dive into those questions.

the_pakalypse

Bronze

Re: Feeling like I'm losing my grip on recent LGs

Post by the_pakalypse » Wed May 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Micdiddy wrote:First of all, figure out which comes usually come with deductions and which don't. When you're talking about games here with "nothing to offer," I'm wracking my brain about what you mean. Sure, in-out games and pure sequencing games can be done easily with minimal set-ups, but just about every other game has SOMETHING to offer. Whether it is deductions for new rules, variable placement or even just thinking about what rule has the biggest role, there's always something to do before you dive into those questions.

Thanks for the response. I meant games similar to the stores game in PT 66 (where you have to arrange the optometrist, pharmacist etc). There isn't much in the way of initial inferences and even some of the questions are open ended to the point where you have to go answer by answer choice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”