Choosing the right LSAT prep materials

cam5182

Choosing the right LSAT prep materials

Postby cam5182 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:54 am

There's a legion of prep books available. From my two weeks on these forums, I have gathered that the following books are the consensus best in their areas as of May 2013:

-PowerScore LGB
-Manhattan RC
-Manhattan LR

Of course, a book's usefulness depends on the person reading it. But, in general, the three books above seem to do the trick for the average TLSer. I am wondering about Prep Tests. If money is not an obstacle, what is the best way to get your hands on as many as possible?

I ask because I'm staring at the Cambridge bundles (LinkRemoved), and I'm about to add the "Official LSAT Prep Tests (Complete Set)" to my cart for $261. From my understanding, this will give me Prep Tests 1 through 68 in PDF form--and I won't have to bother with ordering 5+ books of 10 past LSATs, scrambling to make copies, or tracking down elusive tests. Has anyone ordered this bundle? Is there a better way to go about this?

Also, please advise me before I also add the "LSAT Logic Games (Complete Set)" as well. How helpful will these be to someone who has trained for LGs using PowerScore?

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the long post.

LSAT Blog

Re: Choosing the right LSAT prep materials

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 am

If you're already getting every exam, you don't also need the Logic Games complete set. The exams themselves already include the Logic Games, so you'd be double-paying for the Logic Games.

Doing lots of actual LSAT Logic Games is good, no matter which methodology you've previously used.

cam5182

Postby cam5182 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:43 am

Oops... What I meant was not LSAT Logic Games (Complete Set), but the Logic Games Solutions Manual. Sorry about that!

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Thu May 02, 2013 10:56 am

cam5182 wrote:Oops... What I meant was not LSAT Logic Games (Complete Set), but the Logic Games Solutions Manual. Sorry about that!

I don't think there's a reason to buy this. The Manhattan Forums have great explanations and diagrams. Even if it's not you're "preferred method" (ie you're using powerscore and the classifications are different etc) the explanations are still useful and there's usually clarification of tricky issues instead of equal time divided to easy and difficult questions. my two cents.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Thu May 02, 2013 11:45 am

Consider also the Blueprint book for LG, the velocity course for LG and 7 sage online for LR. The cambridge packets are nice too as they break down LR LG by type and difficulty.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu May 02, 2013 6:37 pm

I think you have the right idea.

However, I would change how you order your PTs, since I don't think you end up getting discounted for quantity? Don't remember.

Buy PTs 1-38 by Question Type (LR, RC, LG). Then buy 39-68 as actual PTs.

MLR
MRC
MLG or PSLG

Use the 7sage videos for LGs you have trouble with.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”