7sage Logic Games

osubucknut

7sage Logic Games

Postby osubucknut » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Sorry for all the questions everybody but I've been watching the 7sage videos to improve my abysmal lg score and noticed when working through a problem they usually start each question by making hypotheticals that include each answer until they find the correct one. Is this method advisable for the lsat or are they just trying to show how the correct answer is correct and how the incorrect answers are incorrect? I never knew where to start when working on lg problems and while this method has improved my accuracy it's very time consuming.

JamMasterJ

Re: 7sage Logic Games

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 pm

too time consuming

jrsbaseball5

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 pm

osubucknut wrote:Sorry for all the questions everybody but I've been watching the 7sage videos to improve my abysmal lg score and noticed when working through a problem they usually start each question by making hypotheticals that include each answer until they find the correct one. Is this method advisable for the lsat or are they just trying to show how the correct answer is correct and how the incorrect answers are incorrect? I never knew where to start when working on lg problems and while this method has improved my accuracy it's very time consuming.

I'm only studying and haven't taken an official test so take this for what its worth, but I find hypotheticals work best if you are stuck and need to find a way to jump start the problem.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 pm

They only show those hypotheticals early on to demonstrate the operative framework of the game so you have have some insight on how the questions are answered efficiently. It would be much too time consuming to do what they do, however one or two hypo's before beginning the game will allow you to see how the rules interact with another and one of the hypos may even help you answer a couple questions which would mean you saved time in the end.

osubucknut

Postby osubucknut » Wed May 01, 2013 2:21 am

So I guess my next question is how do you work through a game with very few inferences without taking the time to work each answer choice into a hypo? I'm almost always able to correctly set the game up but I kind of get stuck from there.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 am

I can not stress this enough. This is the single most universal tip across logic games. If you want to save time on LG, you have to make effective use of your prior work. Drawing out every possibility is crazy, but over the course of the game, you will draw out a few, between these and the acceptability question you will have a decent data bank of correct possibilities. Learning to look back at these effectively means beyond questions starting with "If..." and even some that do, you will rarely have to move your pencil to answer the question.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I can not stress this enough. This is the single most universal tip across logic games. If you want to save time on LG, you have to make effective use of your prior work. Drawing out every possibility is crazy, but over the course of the game, you will draw out a few, between these and the acceptability question you will have a decent data bank of correct possibilities. Learning to look back at these effectively means beyond questions starting with "If..." and even some that do, you will rarely have to move your pencil to answer the question.

+1

This principle applies to all different game types, whether they're sequencing, grouping, rare game types, or combinations of different game types.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”