how can I improve my study habits?

Young Marino

how can I improve my study habits?

Postby Young Marino » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Hey everyone. So right now I am scheduled to take the test in June. I have been enrolled in a kaplan course since the beginning of April and I think think I'm going to turn up the intensity of my study sessions to at minimum 5 hours a day. I plan to do about an hour and and fifteen minutes of each section then top it off with a timed exercise of 35 minutes (for instance, an hr and fifteen minutes of LR topped off with a 35 minute section of about 25 questions). Any suggestions on how to make this more productive or does this plan sound solid?

Young Marino

Re: how can I improve my study habits?

Postby Young Marino » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh and btw, I usually take a 5 section practice test every other week. Should I increase this dose to a 4 section pt every week? Maybe take two 4 section pt's a week?

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:49 pm

ALeal90 wrote:Oh and btw, I usually take a 5 section practice test every other week. Should I increase this dose to a 4 section pt every week? Maybe take two 4 section pt's a week?

Depending on your college/finals situation I think that we're pretty safely into 2 (maybe 3 depending on how many you have left) PT a week territory. No reason to drop the fifth section though (maybe add a sixth?); even if you've seen it before it will help you stamina-wise.

mlansky

Postby mlansky » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:52 pm

It's always important for me to remember that quantity does not equate to quality. When I'm willing to really devote an hour to scrutinizing the mistakes I make, I make a better use of my time than I would if I spent all day going through new material without review.

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
ALeal90 wrote:Oh and btw, I usually take a 5 section practice test every other week. Should I increase this dose to a 4 section pt every week? Maybe take two 4 section pt's a week?

Depending on your college/finals situation I think that we're pretty safely into 2 (maybe 3 depending on how many you have left) PT a week territory. No reason to drop the fifth section though (maybe add a sixth?); even if you've seen it before it will help you stamina-wise.

For sure. And finals ended yesterday for me so I'm all LSAT all the time right now. I noticed that stamina is my main issue because I start to break down during the third or fourth section of the test. I think an increase in pt will serve me well. What about the timed sections after and hr of doing questions? Does that sound solid or should I do the timed sections first?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”