7sage vs Velocity (LG comparison)

49ersFan

7sage vs Velocity (LG comparison)

Postby 49ersFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi, everyone,

I plan on taking the October LSAT exam and am exploring test prep options. I hear 7sage and Velocity are really good. However, i'm torn between how they compare in logic games.

Is one better than the other in this area? I like Velocity's matrix method, but i also hear 7sage has good methods too.

Both cost around the same, so price isn't too much of a factor here. Also, i'm assuming 7sage doesn't offer books, only digital? Right?

Thanks in advance.

Clearly

Re: 7sage vs Velocity (LG comparison)

Postby Clearly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Personally, between the two, velocity for sure.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Velocity is TCR.

But 7sage's videos are great supplements.

LexLeon

Postby LexLeon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm

7Sage was wonderful for me.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 am

49ersFan wrote:Hi, everyone,

I plan on taking the October LSAT exam and am exploring test prep options. I hear 7sage and Velocity are really good. However, i'm torn between how they compare in logic games.

Is one better than the other in this area? I like Velocity's matrix method, but i also hear 7sage has good methods too.

Both cost around the same, so price isn't too much of a factor here. Also, i'm assuming 7sage doesn't offer books, only digital? Right?

Thanks in advance.

7sage posts their logic games for free online. so why are you posting a question like this?

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 am

itachiuchiha wrote:

Thanks in advance.

7sage posts their logic games for free online. so why are you posting a question like this?

I don't get it... Perhaps velocity at cost is still better then 7sage for free? Why frame it like this is an irrational question?

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I don't get it... Perhaps velocity at cost is still better then 7sage for free? Why frame it like this is an irrational question?

ALL TLSers ARE CHEAP ARE TRY TO SAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN t->c
If its free, they'll take it and automatically think it is better, unless its T2

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 am

itachiuchiha wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

Thanks in advance.

ALL TLSers ARE CHEAP ARE TRY TO SAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN t->c
If its free, they'll take it and automatically think it is better, unless its T2

Speak for yourself instead of posting with this attitude like it was a stupid question. There are dozens of 99th% students here who swear by velocity for games, myself included. 7Sage is great, and you can't beat the price, but to question why someone would even post the question is rude and unnecessary, especially when it's a valid question.

alan-7sage

Postby alan-7sage » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi, I just want to clear up what looks like a misunderstanding about 7Sage's content. Although 7Sage's logic game explanations are available for free on the 7sage.com website, there is an extensive logic game curriculum that is not free. It is available through one of the courses, or as a standalone unit.

I believe the OP is asking about 7Sage's full courses v. Velocity's full courses, not 7Sage's free content v. Velocity's full course.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 pm

alan-7sage wrote:Hi, I just want to clear up what looks like a misunderstanding about 7Sage's content. Although 7Sage's logic game explanations are available for free on the 7sage.com website, there is an extensive logic game curriculum that is not free. It is available through one of the courses, or as a standalone unit.

I believe the OP is asking about 7Sage's full courses v. Velocity's full courses, not 7Sage's free content v. Velocity's full course.

the op was asking about games. and most of sage's game content is on youtube. EDIT: but there are no lectures by JY, but those are pointless if you watch their videos.

IMHO, you will not learn more of logic games in sage's full course than you will on their youtube page. So just stick to youtube.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 am

itachiuchiha wrote:
alan-7sage wrote:Hi, I just want to clear up what looks like a misunderstanding about 7Sage's content. Although 7Sage's logic game explanations are available for free on the 7sage.com website, there is an extensive logic game curriculum that is not free. It is available through one of the courses, or as a standalone unit.

the op was asking about games. and most of sage's game content is on youtube. EDIT: but there are no lectures by JY, but those are pointless if you watch their videos.

IMHO, you will not learn more of logic games in sage's full course than you will on their youtube page. So just stick to youtube.

So you've done both and know this?

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

So you've done both and know this?

I never said that i did both sage and velocity.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 am

7 sage has helped a lot of us with his free you tube LG vids. Why not be smart about this and at lease not go out of your way to dis his other reasonably priced for pay stuff?

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed May 01, 2013 11:39 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:7 sage has helped a lot of us with his free you tube LG vids. Why not be smart about this and at lease not go out of your way to dis his other reasonably priced for pay stuff?

I never dissed them. I said they were pointless if you watch his youtube videos.

TLSers really need to learn to read. I'm surprised at how well many people here do well on reading comp, but can't read simple posts.

EDIT: and I actually approve of 7sage's curriculum, they have great LR lectures. But like I said if you watch his youtube videos, the games lectures are pointless. The games lecture is pretty much just 1 lecture on the not both rule, good lecture but pointless. And since this thread is about logic games, i would be against paying sage for something they already provide for free. Unless you want to donate $ to them, which is fine also.
Last edited by itachiuchiha on Wed May 01, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 am

itachiuchiha wrote:
tuffyjohnson wrote:7 sage has helped a lot of us with his free you tube LG vids. Why not be smart about this and at lease not go out of your way to dis his other reasonably priced for pay stuff?

I never dissed them. I said they were pointless if you watch his youtube videos.

TLSers really need to learn to read. I'm surprised at how well many people here do well on reading comp, but can't read simple posts.

How about this bro, don't hurt a guy's business who is helping us all. Think about it for a minute.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed May 01, 2013 11:44 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

How about this bro, don't hurt a guy's business who is helping us all. Think about it for a minute.

That is like saying "Kaplan provides students with a free sample test booklet and allows them to take a practice test, so let's not talk about how bad Kaplan is because since they are so nice and give things out for free, we shouldn't ruin their business"

I only speak truth, why would i give a fellow TLSer bad advise?

I actually approve of 7sage's curriculum, they have great LR lectures. But like I said if you watch his youtube videos, the games lectures are pointless. The games lecture is pretty much just 1 lecture on the not both rule, good lecture but pointless. And since this thread is about logic games, i would be against paying sage for something they already provide for free. Unless you want to donate $ to them, which is fine also.

Balthy

Postby Balthy » Wed May 01, 2013 12:02 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
tuffyjohnson wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

That is like saying "Kaplan provides students with a free sample test booklet and allows them to take a practice test, so let's not talk about how bad Kaplan is because since they are so nice and give things out for free, we shouldn't ruin their business"

I only speak truth, why would i give a fellow TLSer bad advise?

I actually approve of 7sage's curriculum, they have great LR lectures. But like I said if you watch his youtube videos, the games lectures are pointless. The games lecture is pretty much just 1 lecture on the not both rule, good lecture but pointless. And since this thread is about logic games, i would be against paying sage for something they already provide for free. Unless you want to donate $ to them, which is fine also.

Tuffyjohn didn't mention this, but I think his idea is that Kaplan does over $2 billion in revenue and couldn't care less what itachiuchiha has to say. 7sage is a much smaller company that is more likely to pull free content if it sees your opinion on the boards. Relative to their size, they disproportionately help us with their free vids and I wouldn't do anything to potentially change that.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed May 01, 2013 12:25 pm

ok, fair enough. bad analogy made by me, but I still am sticking to the advise I gave.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 pm

As someone who gives away a lot of free LSAT videos and other content, and is also significantly smaller in size than Kaplan, I just wanted to chime in.

If I saw a comment or two like this, or even a handful of comments like this, I wouldn't think much of it. You're typically going to get a broad spectrum of opinions on any forum, some of which you will consider unwarranted.

However, if I started seeing several comments along these lines from a wide variety of people, it might lead me to reconsider the proportion of free/paid content I was offering.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed May 01, 2013 12:43 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:As someone who gives away a lot of free LSAT videos and other content, and is also significantly smaller in size than Kaplan, I just wanted to chime in.

If I saw a comment or two like this, or even a handful of comments like this, I wouldn't think much of it. You're typically going to get a broad spectrum of opinions on any forum, some of which you will consider unwarranted.

However, if I started seeing several comments along these lines from a wide variety of people, it might lead me to reconsider the proportion of free/paid content I was offering.

i would have never heard of 7sage if it weren't for the youtube vids, I think it would be in their self interest to keep them for brand recognition and advertising. or they can monetize.

7 sage gives a reason on why they give their games for free

"We want to level the playing field. Top-notch, high-quality LSAT instruction should be affordable, and we have worked hard to do just that. We started off releasing free explanations of LSAT questions, aiming to explain every single one, but it wasn't long before copyright lawyers crashed the party. They demanded a licensing fee and electronic protections every time we show an LSAT question. So, while we have to charge for access, the goal has always been, and will continue to be, to liberate legal education.

This is why we release hundreds of our videos, including every LSAT Logic Games explanation, for free here."

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm

I agree with the principle in that quote. I didn't intend to suggest that I would remove free content if several people said similar things about my paid content.

Removing free content isn't the only way to change the proportion of free/paid content. It can also be changed by adding more paid content.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:I agree with the principle in that quote. I didn't intend to suggest that I would remove free content if several people said similar things about my paid content.

Removing free content isn't the only way to change the proportion of free/paid content. It can also be changed by adding more paid content.

and that is what i suggest sage should do with their games. They have a fair share of things in their games curriculum, but there is not really anything much more than what they offer in their youtube videos. Except some lessons on some rules.

Though I am saying all of this, 7sage's lessons on LR has helped me more than powerscore and Manhattan, they can still try to do something innovative for LG games to provide to their paid users.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Wed May 01, 2013 12:58 pm

It sounds like I should look at 7 sage's LR.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm

tuffyjohnson wrote:It sounds like I should look at 7 sage's LR.

I would be the first to recommend that! If you buy 7sage's full service, you get all the LR explanations for every question from every recent game.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed May 01, 2013 1:16 pm

7sage LG videos are amazing. If the rest of their material is comparable, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
That said, I know Velocity has some high scoring supporters, also.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”