Taking a PT and seeing a LG or passage you've done before Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MiracleNeeded

Bronze

Taking a PT and seeing a LG or passage you've done before

Post by MiracleNeeded » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:50 pm

This really messed me up. I was going along doing well in logical reasoning, then I hit a logic game I have done before, several times. I was so messed up because I invested an hour and a half already and didn't want to cheat myself by acing that game because I know it so well. I ended up screw up the game because I was lying to myself, I knew where W went on the diagram, I know who confessed and who didn't, so didn't know how to make it fair.

I then go to reading comp and BOOM, two passages I've done before. This pissed me off pretty bad. I looked at my next scheduled test and one reading passage is familiar to me, but I'm pretty sure I forgot most of it, and can't recall any questions or answers.

Clearly

Gold

Re: Taking a PT and seeing a LG or passage you've done before

Post by Clearly » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Ok... Scan through the PT before you take it to make sure it doesn't include things you've already done.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 pm

MiracleNeeded wrote:This really messed me up. I was going along doing well in logical reasoning, then I hit a logic game I have done before, several times. I was so messed up because I invested an hour and a half already and didn't want to cheat myself by acing that game because I know it so well. I ended up screw up the game because I was lying to myself, I knew where W went on the diagram, I know who confessed and who didn't, so didn't know how to make it fair.

I then go to reading comp and BOOM, two passages I've done before. This pissed me off pretty bad. I looked at my next scheduled test and one reading passage is familiar to me, but I'm pretty sure I forgot most of it, and can't recall any questions or answers.
Is there any way to find out what lsat tests were used in whatever prep books or materials you used?

If you come across one of those, just finish it and don't screw it up. If you get a question on that RC or LG wrong, you know that is an area that still needs work, because you've seen it in the past and still can't get it right. When doing the PT, just remember that you're probably going to finish it faster than you normally would because you were familiar with one of the LGs.

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:32 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
MiracleNeeded wrote:This really messed me up. I was going along doing well in logical reasoning, then I hit a logic game I have done before, several times. I was so messed up because I invested an hour and a half already and didn't want to cheat myself by acing that game because I know it so well. I ended up screw up the game because I was lying to myself, I knew where W went on the diagram, I know who confessed and who didn't, so didn't know how to make it fair.

Is there any way to find out what lsat tests were used in whatever prep books or materials you used?

If you come across one of those, just finish it and don't screw it up. If you get a question on that RC or LG wrong, you know that is an area that still needs work, because you've seen it in the past and still can't get it right. When doing the PT, just remember that you're probably going to finish it faster than you normally would because you were familiar with one of the LGs.
Usually the back of the prep book has some appendix that says where each of their used questions come from.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”