One Month to Go

okaygo

One Month to Go

Postby okaygo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:03 pm

What does you alls study week look like with one month or so to go. I'll have two weeks starting May 16th with absolutely nothing to do but study! How would you all recommend breaking down my times. I'm still looking to increase my score by 5 points, as I'm typically missing about 6-8 per LR section and I want to cut that in half.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

VegasLaw702

Re: One Month to Go

Postby VegasLaw702 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Velocity prep every day. Roughly 8-10 hrs per day. PT every other day. Drill weak areas until June 8th. 2 days to rest before test day. 180 pwnage and a Caribbean cruise after.

RhymesLikeDimes

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Been studying since the end of January. I pretty much have everything that can be drilled, drilled. I have 7 PTs left, so I guess that's what I'll be focusing on. Maybe re-take some old RCs.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm doing at least six timed previous PT sections every two days at random places, most of these are just old sections from 40 upwards but I'm also working in what have been classified as the toughest LG and RC sections, two timed 5-section PTs a week at my test center, reviewing thoroughly, drinking excessively, and wishing the test was sooner because I'm ready. Starting three weeks before the test I'm doing two back-back timed PTs per week at the test center using the most recent tests, most of which I took at the beginning of my PT schedule. Good luck bud, June will be weak sauce, just finish strong.

ETA: I should've said this in my original post, I'm pushing hard, see above, in May, then taking a little less than a week off at the beginning of June to relax and visit family and friends. I'll probably do some light drilling when I return, but nothing heavy.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 pm

I work Monday to Friday 10-6.

With the exception of a week vacation I took, I usually do 2- 3 hours of review and drilling RC and LG 3 weeknights a week. I spend weekends more intensely taking at least one PT and reviewing.

If at all possible I also take a PT one day at work, depending on schedule.

Starting this week I will be waking up early some mornings as well.

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm stumbling through finals for the next two weeks so my ability to focus extensively on LSATs has been hindered. I've been studying since the beginning of January but I still have so much more to do. My last PT was a 166 and I really need to hit at least a 170 before June 1.
I'm drilling everything I can whenever I have enough free time. As soon as finals end (May 10) I'm locking myself at my grandparents' house (isolated and quiet, no technology... essentially the closest thing I have to the Overlook Hotel) and drilling for test prep oil.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:41 am

Thanks for the suggestions. Considering how I honestly feel I have the most to gain in LR, I'll probably go for LR practice for 2-3 hours and switch between RC and LG every other day for 4 hours. We got this family!

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:03 pm

I started doing 35 minute timed sections of RC, LR & LG twice a day. I believe that method will help my timing and mastery of the sections although I am still have trouble getting to the last RC passage. I'm throwing in a pt once or twice a week. It just sucks because my schedule has been very inconsistent with finals and all but with a month to go, I think I'll get the 4 point increase I'm looking for by June if I just stick to the script

tehkris

Postby tehkris » Wed May 01, 2013 4:55 pm

VegasLaw702 wrote:Velocity prep every day. Roughly 8-10 hrs per day. PT every other day. Drill weak areas until June 8th. 2 days to rest before test day. 180 pwnage and a Caribbean cruise after.

Cruise is booked for July 4th so all I gotta do is whoop up on that test

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”