so I have 10 preptest left

itachiuchiha

so I have 10 preptest left

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:21 pm

I ran out of study material with the exception of the last 10 preptest

With only 50 days left would it make sense for me to start from preptest 1 and make my way to PT 60 so I can get better? I can do 2 a day

mlansky

Re: so I have 10 preptest left

Postby mlansky » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:31 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:I can do 2 a day

Are you serious? Are you reviewing? Do you have insane endurance or have you not actually tried doing two preptests (I assume you're doing at least 5-sections), you're just figuring that, given the number of hours it would take and the number of hours in a day, you could knock out a couple of tests every day. I've done daily 5-sections and I burn out after only a few days, so if you really have this marathon-stamina then I'm pretty envious.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm

10 tests should be all you need from now til June honestly. You have under 6 weeks, which means you can do almost 2 a week.

Review (quality) is way better than just doing PTs for quantity. Your review should be extensive and not just cursory, and doing 2 a day every day seems kind of unnecessary IMO.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 pm

mlansky wrote:

Are you serious? Are you reviewing? Do you have insane endurance or have you not actually tried doing two preptests (I assume you're doing at least 5-sections), you're just figuring that, given the number of hours it would take and the number of hours in a day, you could knock out a couple of tests every day. I've done daily 5-sections and I burn out after only a few days, so if you really have this marathon-stamina then I'm pretty envious.

I've reviewed and done them all from before. I would be redoing them

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
mlansky wrote:

I've reviewed and done them all from before. I would be redoing them

How are you scoring them? Burnout is an issue you may want to worry about.

SFSpartan

Postby SFSpartan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:08 pm

I wouldn't do a double test every day. However, when I was doing my prep, I threw in a couple back to back test days, and it made doing just one test seem a lot easier. If you do this, review will be more useful with the first test, as you may tend to burn out at some point during the second test.

Agree with Noodley though- beware of burnout.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:19 pm

SFSpartan wrote:I wouldn't do a double test every day. However, when I was doing my prep, I threw in a couple back to back test days, and it made doing just one test seem a lot easier. If you do this, review will be more useful with the first test, as you may tend to burn out at some point during the second test.

Agree with Noodley though- beware of burnout.

Yeah, the double-test is an OCCASIONAL tool to build up stamina, but an every day thing it's kind of... too much?

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 pm

You're a beast, dude.

commandercody

Postby commandercody » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Hopefully after doing that many prep tests, you are starting to score in your target range. Review, review, review.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 pm

commandercody wrote:Hopefully after doing that many prep tests, you are starting to score in your target range. Review, review, review.

I am averaging 2-3 points shy of where I am aiming, this is why I want to go through the all the test again and gain further familiarity with this test

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Taking above a word June D Day is 6 weeks away.

10 test, 6 weeks? I'd do something like:
Week 1: used practice problems, PT mid week, thorough review
Week 2: 2 PTs spaces out, thorough review (like PT day, 2 review days, break, repeat)
Week 3: same as week 2
Week 4: same as week 2
Week 5: same as week 2
Week 6/exam week: newest PT, review

Some would say to do the newest a little earlier to give more review time though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”