Try this LG I created and help me develop questions!?

Journey180

Try this LG I created and help me develop questions!?

Postby Journey180 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 pm

I created this game for fun. I was wondering if you could look at it, answer the initial question I made, and possibly make up questions for it so i can try your questions. This is just for fun while I study for the October LSAT. If the game is flawed in some way, let me know. Try to do the question in less than 1.5 minutes. Thanks! I will try to make more complicated games in the future.

Work-shifts Game

Situation:
A manager is trying to schedule a group of workers: Alex, Bertha, Cathy, Dave,Earl, and Fred to work on shifts of a given day.
There is a morning and night shift. There is a maximum of 4 workers per any given shift and no worker works more than one shift. The following restrictions further restrict the making of the schedule for that day:

1. If Alex works, he works on the same shift as Fred.
2. If Bertha or Cathy does not work the morning shift, then Dave and Earl do.
3. Earl and Fred cannot work the same shift.

Question:
If Fred does not work, which one of the following is possible?
A) B,C, and E all work the evening shift
B) C& E both work the morning shift
C) A,C, and E work the evening shift
D) A, C, and E all don't work
E) E, F, and C all don't work

itachiuchiha

Re: Try this LG I created and help me develop questions!?

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Journey180 wrote:I created this game for fun. I was wondering if you could look at it, answer the initial question I made, and possibly make up questions for it so i can try your questions. This is just for fun while I study for the October LSAT. If the game is flawed in some way, let me know. Try to do the question in less than 1.5 minutes. Thanks! I will try to make more complicated games in the future.

Work-shifts Game

Situation:
A manager is trying to schedule a group of workers: Alex, Bertha, Cathy, Dave,Earl, and Fred to work on shifts of a given day.
There is a morning and night shift. There is a maximum of 4 workers per any given shift and no worker works more than one shift. The following restrictions further restrict the making of the schedule for that day:

Question:

is it possible that somebody could not work? why put a conditional when we know he is going to work? It would just make sense to say that he works in the same shift as fred. I may be wrong idk

EDIT: oh okay, so there are 3 categories, morning, night, and off. got it
Last edited by itachiuchiha on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Journey180

Postby Journey180 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:29 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
Journey180 wrote:I created this game for fun. I was wondering if you could look at it, answer the initial question I made, and possibly make up questions for it so i can try your questions. This is just for fun while I study for the October LSAT. If the game is flawed in some way, let me know. Try to do the question in less than 1.5 minutes. Thanks! I will try to make more complicated games in the future.

Work-shifts Game

Situation:

Question:

is it possible that somebody could not work? why put a conditional when we know he is going to work? It would just make sense to say that he works in the same shift as fred. I may be wrong idk

Maybe thats one of the tricks :wink:

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Journey180 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:

Work-shifts Game

Situation:

Question:

Maybe thats one of the tricks :wink:

oh okay, so there are 3 categories, morning, night, and off. got it

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Work-shifts Game

Situation:

Question:

So there's three groups: the morning shift, the night shift, and people who don't work at all. There's 6 workers in total so there's distributions of 3 - 3 - 0 and 2 - 4 - 0.

If Fred doesn't work then that still leaves open a lot of possibilities. A can't be correct because B and C are not working the morning shift and E is working with them so E can't work the night shift.

Is B correct? If C and E both work the morning shift then 4 people aren't working at all ie) Fred, Bertha, Dave, and Alex which doesn't violate any of the rules.

Journey180

Postby Journey180 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:

Work-shifts Game

Situation:

Question:

So there's three groups: the morning shift, the night shift, and people who don't work at all. There's 6 workers in total so there's distributions of 3 - 3 - 0 and 2 - 4 - 0.

If Fred doesn't work then that still leaves open a lot of possibilities. A can't be correct because B and C are not working the morning shift and E is working with them so E can't work the night shift.

Is B correct? If C and E both work the morning shift then 4 people aren't working at all ie) Fred, Bertha, Dave, and Alex which doesn't violate any of the rules.

You got the gold star my friend! Congrats. But... your explanation is not 100% correct though. help me think of another question! I'll try yours.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”