What to do for the June LSAT?

steel_shot

What to do for the June LSAT?

Postby steel_shot » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Hey everyone,

I realize this is a a broad and common question, but I have some strange circumstances. I wrote in October (PTed around high 160s low 170s), test got lost, rewrote in November and got a disappointing 161 (my diagnostic).

Anyway, I planned to rewrite in February, and got through most of the Cambridge packets as well as MLSAT LR+RC. School just got too busy for me, so I pushed it to June, and am just getting back into studying. I was during January, scoring in the low to mid 170s on reused tests from ~6 months prior, so I'm not taking those marks too seriously.

RC is my weakest section, so I've spent time doing more difficult reading, but LR occasionally can sink me. I'd like to do well on this test, so I'm just curious if anyone has any input into my study plan? I was thinking of re-reading the key points of MLSAT, doing a week of drills from leftover Cambridge packets, and lots of RC, before moving into 2-3 PTs a week with RC drills. For the week before the test I will only do two earlier in the week, to have a chance to rest. Does that sound good or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

Pneumonia

Re: What to do for the June LSAT?

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 pm

steel_shot wrote: test got lost

is this a thing? can you elaborate?

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Pneumonia wrote:

It happens. I think last June (or maybe Feb) tests from Tampa fell off the back of a truck and they all had to retake it.

steel_shot

Postby steel_shot » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:

It happens. I think last June (or maybe Feb) tests from Tampa fell off the back of a truck and they all had to retake it.

Yeah, something along those lines happened to us as well. The worst part being LSAC told us on the score release date that we had one week to prepare for a rewrite.

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Since I have never actually read the terms of the agreement with LSAC, do they even address this possibility anywhere? I would be furious. Did they allow any special accommodations given the circumstances?

NanaP

Postby NanaP » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Also, do you take the same test?

steel_shot

Postby steel_shot » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 pm

VegasLaw702 wrote:Since I have never actually read the terms of the agreement with LSAC, do they even address this possibility anywhere? I would be furious. Did they allow any special accommodations given the circumstances?

To be completely honest, neither have I. Basically on the October release date we got an email saying "Your October Test Results"... which outlined that the tests were lost and we could either take a cancellation or write on the following Saturday. We get a refund for the test, which was nice, but everyone I talked to from the centre did a lot worse than they thought. I wasn't applying this cycle but you got special permission from LSAC to extend deadlines as well. Shitty situation but at least the next write can't be any worse!

NanaP wrote:Also, do you take the same test?

No, we were given a randomized one which seemed kinda different to me. The games and RC were very difficult as well.

jcccc

Postby jcccc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:06 am

Really? Test got lost? What in the hell.
Wow I would go bat-shit crazy if that happened to me.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:55 am

If the test got lost, its bold to speculate as to your score.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:57 am

Also, to actually address your question with something useful, buy the Manahattan LSAT Reading Comp book. It's really top notch and unique in that its actually useful for RC prep. For $20 it could really change the way you attack RC.

steel_shot

Postby steel_shot » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Also, to actually address your question with something useful, buy the Manahattan LSAT Reading Comp book. It's really top notch and unique in that its actually useful for RC prep. For $20 it could really change the way you attack RC.

I went through it earlier in December, although my score didn't increase hugely I found that it gave me a great system to attack RC. I plan on re-reading it and just doing old drills from Cambridge, does that sound good?

For your previous post as well, I took a rewrite and only got 161 on it which was a huge disappointment. I just meant my PT scores have been consistently in the range of 168 - 172 with a few outliers, so I was hoping to increase from that on the June rewrite.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”