Review LR; Qs got wrong in all PTs vs. all Qs above PT30 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
15chocolate

New

Review LR; Qs got wrong in all PTs vs. all Qs above PT30

Post by 15chocolate » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi,
I have a question about LR reviewing...
I did all PTs LR sections til PT50.
But I noticed I did not review well when I did those sections (and some of them I did a long time ago) so I want to review once again.
Reviewing each question would be the best but I'm not sure I have time to do that...so wonder which would be better choice to improve in LR, focusing on PTs above 30 and review all questions, or only those I missed last time for all PTs? (PT1 to PT50)
I did review after I did each section, but I rushed myself and obviously did not review enough...

Thank you.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Re: Review LR; Qs got wrong in all PTs vs. all Qs above PT30

Post by SteelPenguin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

15chocolate wrote:Hi,
I have a question about LR reviewing...
I did all PTs LR sections til PT50.
But I noticed I did not review well when I did those sections (and some of them I did a long time ago) so I want to review once again.
Reviewing each question would be the best but I'm not sure I have time to do that...so wonder which would be better choice to improve in LR, focusing on PTs above 30 and review all questions, or only those I missed last time for all PTs? (PT1 to PT50)
I did review after I did each section, but I rushed myself and obviously did not review enough...

Thank you.
I don't have an answer for this, but I think it might help if you could indicate what you're scoring now vs what you had scored in the beginning. If you were scoring around a 150 early and are now scoring around 165, I don't think re-reviewing the old tests would be that important. You probably wouldn't be focusing on what you currently need improvement on.

15chocolate

New

Re: Review LR; Qs got wrong in all PTs vs. all Qs above PT30

Post by 15chocolate » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 am

Well...it's around mid-high 150s...last time missed around 8/section in LR :oops: and weak in RC (just started to drill) so really want to improve in LR.
I already read the bible book and MLSAT's book (a long time ago too, and sometimes review a chapter if I miss some specific question type a lot) so I should know the basic.
I found I'm entraped in those so called "out of scope" questions a lot.
I may be over-think things...when I read it I think it's like "yeah, maybe it's related, this could lead to that and that would do something blah blah..."
I can understand it's actually not related or needs additional assumpitons when I read their explanation, and sometimes it's easy to notice, but for some reason sometimes I cannot see it in practice.
Ugh...since LR has 2 sections, I started from LR but it's really frustrating to see no improvement...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”