After taking a PT..

Malakai

After taking a PT..

Postby Malakai » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 am

Do some of you grade and review the answers the same day if the PT was completed earlier in the day (ex: Done by 3:30-4PM)? Or come back to it the next day?

Just trying to be maximally efficient with my time and minimize burnout where it may arise.

Another thing, when you do come back to it, do you go through the whole test before grading it and circle ones you would have changed, or grade it and only go through the whole test after?

Overall, i'm trying to maximize my review method, while seeing what others do and what works for them in their respective processes. Any help would be appreciated!

ManOfTheMinute

Re: After taking a PT..

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

I try to do it ASAP so I can remember what I was thinking when I selected the wrong answer... It's too late I you wait until the next day

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:31 am

Malakai wrote:Do some of you grade and review the answers the same day if the PT was completed earlier in the day (ex: Done by 3:30-4PM)? Or come back to it the next day?

Just trying to be maximally efficient with my time and minimize burnout where it may arise.

Another thing, when you do come back to it, do you go through the whole test before grading it and circle ones you would have changed, or grade it and only go through the whole test after?

Overall, i'm trying to maximize my review method, while seeing what others do and what works for them in their respective processes. Any help would be appreciated!

You're a high scorer, right? If so, I'd probably advise sitting on it a day or two and do a "blind grade" where you see if you would change anything before grading it. It really forces you to look closely at your own thinking and I think it is an effective review tool for high scorers.

Malakai

Postby Malakai » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 am

NoodleyOne wrote:
Malakai wrote:Do some of you grade and review the answers the same day if the PT was completed earlier in the day (ex: Done by 3:30-4PM)? Or come back to it the next day?

You're a high scorer, right? If so, I'd probably advise sitting on it a day or two and do a "blind grade" where you see if you would change anything before grading it. It really forces you to look closely at your own thinking and I think it is an effective review tool for high scorers.

Noodley! I was actually considering PM'ing you, haha. I'm a June retaker (sat for last Dec but landed a 168 (-14) to my disappointment), and don't think I drilled specific q-types enough. Most of my work revolved around doing PT's then, but I don't think I had drilled each type to the point where 110% familiarity gave me the needed confidence on test day (since I firmly believe this was a result of insufficient "specific q-type" drilling that had led to some time-gobbling/hesitation during some parts of the actual exam). But yeah i'm ranging between the low 170's and mid 170's but I haven't been able to break past the mid 170's.

As for the blind grade, would you mark it with a circle or box with the letter you would have changed it to and not factor it in to the actual raw score you would have received?? Or change it and factor it into the actual raw score? I'm not 100% sure how people do this and factor their scores pre- and post- blind review. (I think i've been studying too long lol).

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 am

Don't count the changed answers in your scoring. You are grading yourself, but you get what you get. Generally, I'm of the mi d that you should do yourself no favors when grading. Another thing you're trying to do is make sure you're grading yourself correctly. Make sure you're not changing correct answers and stuff. I think one of the benefits to this approach should be increased confidence (which is why I reserve it for high scorers). By looking at your reasoning before grading, you *should* be reinforcing yourself more than second guessing yourself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”