Consistently Missing 3 Questions on LR sections

HP62442

Consistently Missing 3 Questions on LR sections

Postby HP62442 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:16 pm

On almost every LR section I'm missing three questions. They come from a variety of question types and levels of difficulty. Some of the time they come not reading the questions carefully enough. Any suggestions for improving? I have the LRB, but most of it seems really basic.

mlansky

Re: Consistently Missing 3 Questions on LR sections

Postby mlansky » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:41 pm

HP62442 wrote:Any suggestions for improving? I have the LRB, but most of it seems really basic.

My suggestion: actually read it.

Trajectory

Postby Trajectory » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Lol on that comment above.

But I had the same issue, granted my mistakes were more.. (-4 -5) on each section, no specific type...just randomly. So I bought the Cambridge difficult questions for LR. Drilled 2 sections of LR every day from there for past 2 weeks. No regular LR sections. It was incredibly frustrating and damn near impossible for me to ever finish in 35 minutes. Did it timed and untimed. Back to back. Finally took an exam, PT 46, went -2 and -3 on LR. and most were careless mistakes. I almost laughed when I saw the LR on that test. Anyway I'm continuing this for another 2 weeks. It also, by far increased my endurance so I am able to keep focus no problem through each LR, all the way through. Maybe this can help you too!

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:34 pm

HP62442 wrote:On almost every LR section I'm missing three questions. They come from a variety of question types and levels of difficulty. Some of the time they come not reading the questions carefully enough. Any suggestions for improving? I have the LRB, but most of it seems really basic.

I would take a brick up the anus to be in your position right now.
I am consistently missing 6-7

LDVM4334

Postby LDVM4334 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:05 am

Judging vs. what "other people" can do isn't very useful. Just try to look for ways that you can shave minutes off your time.

Do you read the stimulus first? If not, I'd recommend that.

Can you get through the first 10 Q's in 10 mins or less? If not, I'd focus on that.

Every little bit matters. There's plenty of helpful tips on here.

Throttle

Postby Throttle » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:20 am

If you are only missing 6 total in LR go get the Manhattan LR book.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”