Grouping, Why is Unstable so much easier for me?

jared6180

Grouping, Why is Unstable so much easier for me?

Postby jared6180 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:39 pm

I am taking the BluePrint course, and in the course they introduce Stable Grouping Games before Unstable Grouping Games. I think the reason they might do this is that Stable might be considered easier than unstable. For me however it is just the opposite. I am getting probably 20% of stable games correct, but closer to 80% of unstable correct. I will say the rules seem easier for some reason for the unstable variety.

Is there something in the way Stable games are written that generally makes them harder?

tuffyjohnson

Re: Grouping, Why is Unstable so much easier for me?

Postby tuffyjohnson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 pm

How many games are we talking about? Is it possible you've simply run into a couple hard stable games? Maybe take a look at Blueprint's difficulty ratings in the back of their book for each game.

bp shinners

Re: Grouping, Why is Unstable so much easier for me?

Postby bp shinners » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 pm

jared6180 wrote:I am taking the BluePrint course, and in the course they introduce Stable Grouping Games before Unstable Grouping Games. I think the reason they might do this is that Stable might be considered easier than unstable. For me however it is just the opposite. I am getting probably 20% of stable games correct, but closer to 80% of unstable correct. I will say the rules seem easier for some reason for the unstable variety.

Is there something in the way Stable games are written that generally makes them harder?

For grouping games especially, people tend to have differing levels of innate ability based on very small changes in the material. So while I would say that most people have an easier time with Stable games, that's not universally true.

So you might just be better at making deductions based on open-sized groups than based on closed groups.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”